chapter 6

trust issues

Camille's P.O.V

It has been a couple of months since I moved back to Vegas and I had finally got my own place. I had moved a few blocks away from Zak but became friends with the guy I met at the museum and started hanging out more. I had learned a little English thanks to him teaching me even though I wasn't good at it yet.

We were hanging out at my house when his other three friends came over and we decided to watch a movie since my home had a theater and a snackbar. I watched as the others found a place to sit while noticing that I would have to share a spot with one of them, so I decided to sit next to Colby. I placed a blanket over my body and watch the movie, I couldn't help but get a sense of safety whenever he was near me and it scared me because I didn't want to feel this way around a guy.

I watched as he got up and left before the movie started then come back with some snacks for us to share which I thought was sweet of him. As the night rolled on so did the feeling I had with him being this close to me and I did the last thing I thought I would never do, I gently placed my head against his shoulder and felt him place his arm around me and pull him close.

I felt my heart beating fast and my hands were sweaty but I tried not to draw attention to myself so I slowly got up and headed to the bathroom before I locked the door. I paced around the room while I tried to calm myself down but nothing was working so I sent Zak a text and he quickly rushed over. I didn't want to cause the others to freak out so I decided to go outside with Zak and talked.

Zak: Je déteste que tu aies affaire à de mauvais souvenirs, vas-tu en parler à quelqu'un?

I hate you're dealing with the bad memories, will you talk to someone about it?

Camille: Je ne sais pas si je peux, parler ne fera pas disparaître le traumatisme du jour au lendemain.

I don't know if I can, talking isn't just going to make the trauma disappear overnight.

I looked at the door and seen the guys standing there watching me, I seen Jake and Colby come outside and walked to where Zak and I was sitting.

Jake: is everything okay Camille?

Camille: non, je garde un secret depuis des années et ça me hante.

no, I have been keeping a secret for years and it's haunting me.

Zak: tu veux que je leur dise?

do you want me to tell them?

Camille: oui s'il vous plait

yes please.

Colby: what's wrong...?

Zak: come sit down guys, she wants you both knowing what's going on.

I watched as they sat down and Zak told them what I was dealing with and they immediately became concerned about me.

Colby: I never realized that was going on.

Jake: it must be hard for her to trust other guys.

Zak: she knows who did it but she doesn't want it happening to her again which is why she acts uncomfortable around other males.

Colby: is there something we can do to help her feel more comfortable around us? I don't want her to think that we are going to hurt her.

Zak: I know you two want her being more comfortable around you and your other friends but that's up with her, she will eventually become comfortable around you four and other people.

Camille's home ⬆️