chapter 36

Fighting for her

Colby's P.O.V

After saying goodbye to her, I did the one thing that I knew would keep her safe from harm which was to make a deal with her father, I decided to have him take me in exchange for her freedom now that she had a daughter to think about.

Her dad: what you're offering can't be undone.

Colby: I understand that and I am willing to do whatever you ask if it means she won't be harmed by you anymore.

Her dad: I don't understand why you're doing this but you're either incredibly stupid or you're doing it because you love her and you don't look stupid kid...

Colby: I am in love with her and I don't want anything bad happening to her ever again so...

Her dad: you work for me now kid and as promised, she  will not be bothered by me or my men again.

Colby: thank you...

Her dad: however, there will be things expected from you and I will see to it that you do those things required from you...

Colby: of course...

Her dad: you will address me as boss or sir, if you are plotting to harm me I won't hesitate to have you dealt with, and lastly... I expect you to stop reaching out to those who were close to you like friends or family; I run a secret operation that nobody needs to know about and I want to keep it that way so change your number. Do you understand the rules Colby?

Colby: yes boss...

Her dad: very good now there's a lady upstairs who is waiting for you, I suggest you go see her now.

Colby: yes sir...

I walked upstairs and seen a woman in a short black dress sitting by the bar, I couldn't help but be mesmerized by her beauty and I found myself walk up to her so I could introduce myself...

Colby: hello, my name is Colby. What is your name beautiful?

????: my name is Ruby and Victor said you were coming up here but he failed to mention how handsome you are.

Colby: he didn't tell me that you were beautiful so...

Ruby: did you tell you what type of business he ran?

Colby: no, he only mentioned that he ran a secret operation that he didn't want anyone knowing about.

Ruby: would you like for me to show you?

Colby: I don't see why you couldn't, I don't have anything else to do...

As the time ticked on, she told me what type of business he ran along with showing me after I found myself laying next to her in bed while we were naked.

Ruby: I hope you understand that after what just happened that you aren't allowed to sleep with anyone else but me.

Colby: I...

Ruby: you are mine now Colby and it's going to stay that way, if I even see you talking to another female there will be consequences to your actions and I will let Victor know that you are disobeying orders. I want to hear you say that you belong to me...

Colby: I belong to you Ruby...

Ruby: good and don't forget that...

She got out of bed and put her clothes back on before leaving my room. I knew that this was my life now and I was happy knowing that Cameron was free, I just hoped she could find it in her heart to let me go and no matter what it would cost me; I will always keep fighting for her...