chapter 35

Brotherly love

Zak's P.O.V

I had been investigating with the guys and Cameron when I noticed that she wasn't acting like herself and decided to talk with her off camera.

Zak: I don't know what is making you lose focus but I'm concerned about you Cam, what's going on with you?

Cameron: I haven't been able to focus on anything since Colby told me goodbye...

Zak: I know that you still have feelings for him but you're with Jake now and he probably doesn't want you to choose between him and Jake.

Cameron: I haven't told anyone this but the last night I seen him we made out in the backseat of his car and I don't want Jake finding out...

Zak: I won't tell anyone what you just said but I want to see you happy again and not in a fake way

Cameron: how do I say goodbye to someone who is a friend?

Zak: it's going to be hard because you still care about him but you need to let him go and focus on your daughter and Jake.

Cameron: I know that I have them but...

Zak: you will be fine Cameron, I know that you can find it in your heart to let him go even though it's going to be hard.

I continued talking with her after we got back to the hotel along with watching a movie together which was something that we haven't done since she was a kid. I looked over at her and noticed that she kept fighting to stay awake and I helped her back to her room then watched as she crawled into bed.

Cameron: thank you for cheering me up Zak, good night.

Zak: good night Cameron and I hope you can find it in your heart to let him go.

Cameron: I have no choice but to let him go.

Zak: I promise that everything will be better tomorrow, get some sleep Cam, I will see you later.

I left the room and walked back to where I would be sleeping, I knew that she would be okay once she got over the feelings she had for Colby and I hoped that it would strengthen her relationship with Jake once she got back home to him.