chapter 5

Seeing her again

Jake's P.O.V

We returned to Vegas and toured the museum and I noticed that she was here but she was working behind the counter and I was about to say something when I heard her speaking with Zak in French so I decided to buy something and watched as she quickly scanned it and left to find Colby, he insisted on getting her alone but he didn't know how to speak French...

Jake: hey dude, that girl you're interested in isn't American.

Colby: what do you mean?

Jake: I was just at the counter where she's at and heard her speaking French to Zak

Sam: Colby's got a crush on a French woman, that's nice!

Corey: ain't no way she's French, I have to see this for myself.

I watched as Corey was about to go to where I was just at when she walked by with Zak as they continued speaking French.

Jake: I told you so...

Corey: damn that's great, good luck Colby. I hope you know how to speak French dude...

Sam: he can always learn how to speak her language

Colby: just because she's speaking French doesn't mean that she was born over there...

Jake: that's true, but it doesn't explain why she's not speaking English instead...

Colby: I'm not going to let it stop me, I'm sure she can learn how to speak our language...

I watched as he walked away from us and approached her after Zak left her standing alone. I wasn't sure how he was going to communicate with her but we watched as his actions spoke for him and noticed that she smiled after he kissed her hand and handed her a flower.

Sam: that's the first time I've ever seen him being a gentleman. I think she's liking it.

Jake: ain't no way she is, look at how she's standing.

Corey: I don't know dude, she seems to be enjoying what he's doing.