chapter 4

Bad memories

Zak's P.O.V

I had woken up early enough to get ready to go on the road with the guys when I heard Camille scream at the top of her lungs, I quickly rushed into her bedroom and seen her still sleeping. I quickly woke her up and she immediately started crying so I decided to hold her until she calmed down.

Zak: c'est bon Camille, c'était juste un mauvais rêve.

it's okay Camille, it was just a bad dream.

I watched as she wiped the tears from her face and began talking after she was calm enough to speak.

Camille: ce n'était pas qu'un rêve, cela m'est vraiment arrivé.

it wasn't just a dream, it really happened to me.

I knew she was struggling with it and I wanted to help her but I didn't know how and I was worried about her. I told her that she could go with us so she wouldn't be alone here and she immediately started packing a few clothes and other things.

After we got on the R.V. she immediately went to the back bedroom and closed the door, I knew that she would probably do that but I decided to give her some space until she was comfortable enough to sit with us.

I could tell that the others were worried about her as well and I knew it was just a matter of time before one of them would ask about how she's been acting lately.

Aaron: I hate to pry but what's going on with Camille?

Zak: I knew one of you would ask and it's not exactly easy for her but she is going through some things right now...

Dakota: that night we hung out, she had a panic attack and I thought it was something I did...

Zak: it's nothing you or any of us did, her dad he...

Dakota: is that why she acts uptight around guys?

Zak: yeah, her dad and her didn't have the best relationship and when she turned fourteen he sexually...

Aaron: is that why she moved to France?

Zak: yeah, it was the only way she could escape him.

Dakota: I hate hearing that happened to her, she seems like a sweet woman.

Zak: I just wish there was something I could do to help her.

Billy: has she tried talking with her dad and getting closure?

Zak: unfortunately she can't talk to him, he passed away several years ago.

Dakota: maybe she can talk about it with a therapist?

Zak: I know you mean well but the last thing she needs is therapy. She's not crazy, she's just dealing with a traumatic past.

Aaron: if there is anything we can do to help, we will always be here for her.

Zak: I'm sure she will love that you guys want to help.

As the night come upon us, we stopped and got something to eat, I noticed that Dakota ordered extra and quietly walked back to the R.V. after he got the food he ordered which I knew what he was doing and I seen him sitting on the bed with her while they were both eating along with talking a little. I was happy that he was trying to help her get more comfortable around other guys but I wasn't sure how long it would last.