Chapter Twenty-Seven ✎ - Pokèmon Mystery Dungeon: Different Futures

This is a story idea, touched upon in my My (Twisted) Pokèmon Journey author's note. Enjoy and leave feedback please!

"Pearl! We've got to do it now, or else we're headed for Dialga!" cried Grovyle. He looked behind him to see a human girl running to them, her bag being dragged in the air behind her. A pink Celebi was in front of her, holding the last Time Gear of their world.

"This better work, Grovyle," Celebi said, holding up the Time Gear. A blue swirl came from it, and then the portal opened. "Arceus protect you, Pearl and Grovyle."

Pearl came up to Celebi. "You mean-- you're not coming with us? But we're team Pokèfriends (yeah yeah crappy name, but it's my MD team name [actually that's too many letters, so it's Pokèfriens], so :p)!"

Celebi shook her head. "In order to keep the portal open, I must stay. But I'll see you two again--hopefully. If not, we have succeeded and we won't exist anymore."

Pearl hugged Celebi. "I'll miss you," she said, her eyes watering. "We will turn the world away from this future of darkness."

"Pearl, we have to go." Grovyle grabbed the girl's hand, pulling her away from the pink Pokèmon. He saluted to Celebi, though his eyes, too, were watering, and stood in front of the portal. Pearl stood by his side. "Ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be, Grovyle."

They jumped through the portal and began falling. "Grovyle, don't let go!" screeched Pearl, her eyes wide in fear. Her necklace floated out in front of her as she fell, a fake Pokè that was cut to look like a four-leaf clover. It glinted in the blue-white light of the portal dimension, and the glint hit Grovyle's eyes. "Grovyle!"

"Pearl!" An agonized yell came from Grovyle; their hands were reached out to each other, a gap slowly growing. "I will find you! Keep up on your end, I'll look for the gears on my end!"

Grovyle and Pearl were seperating; the Pokèmon going upward, the human going downward. She started to see him disintegrate, and she suddenly felt what looked like was happening to him. Her bag and necklace stayed whole, and what she saw before blacking out was a blurry, beautiful, sandy beach. A blob of yellow was far away, and it suddenly started heading for her. I'm dead, Pearl thought. Then everything went black.