Chapter One-Eighty-One - Time For a Change! (Gift For Ev)

Memories of You

Memories of You

Chari watched as Ev, the strongest Eevee she knew, started to disappear from time and existence. "You're too strong to simply vanish, Ev," Chari the Charmander said, tears glistening in her eyes.

Ev had a similar look, but unlike Chari who was still getting used to Ev being erased, she had accepted her fate, smiling and blinking away tears. "I did it for you and my friends, Chari. I may not have known why my memories where erased, or even who I was before, but all that matters is what I have now. Memories of you."

The Eevee was transparent, now, the light coming from her seeming to be a swarm, almost hiding her from Chari's view. Everything except her eyes, those sharp, green eyes. They were the last to go, and with a blink, Ev's last blink, the swarm of light stopped forming, leaving no trace of the Eevee that stood there a second before.

Chari stood there a few seconds more, unwilling to believe such a strong spirit was just gone. Then she turned and briskly walked back toward the Rainbow Stoneship, looking over her shoulder one more time, as if it was an illusion, and Ev would appear, red bandana and all. It was in vain, Chari knew. Ev wasn't coming back.

But she could hope. It would sustain her for the rest of her life. Ev had to come back, one day, somehow. Whether she died and Chari would get to see her, Chari hoped she'd see the lively Eevee again.

With a shutter, the Stoneship came to life and headed back down, back to where it had rested for uncounted years, decades, and probably even centuries.

Chari went back to Sharpedo Bluff, Ev's home, after, not even going to the Guild to see if they were okay. Right now, solitude was what she wanted. She didn't have the energy to put on a smile for them when they realize time was fixed. In a day or two, she knew, one of them would be sent to see if she and Ev survived. Until then, however, she wanted silence.

It was well into the night when the storm came, giving off it's electrical light show and the thundering beat. Chari woke up, having dreamt of finding Ev, passed out on the beach that one day, the day the duo had gotten the relic fragment back from two of the members who would become Team Skull.

The pain stabbed at Chari's heart, and she tried to watch the storm's rage to distract her from the empty and cold nest beside her own. Eventually, she got back to sleep, but didn't dream.

It was not sunrise when she awoke, it was long past. The Charmander looked out on the ocean view, the glistening water teaming with life. She saw Lapras sunning, and sighed. She spent the day looking out on the sea, searching. Out there was the Sea of Time. It was as if she were hoping Ev would come into view any second, but knew it to be futile. Ev was gone.

The sky on the horizon started to turn purple, and Chari got herself up, climbed the stairs that led down into the cliff cave, and stood on the edge of the cliff, looking down at the water below. It, too, glowed a purple, and when she looked back at the horizon, the sun was going beneath the water in a fiery explosion of color.

"Ev liked the sunset... especially one so colorful. I have to believe she can see this. Somewhere, you can see it, Ev!" Chari cried, out to sea. Tears slipped down her face as she gazed at the sun as it set. "You have to see it," she sniffed. "You are strong enough to come back. I know, because you left me those wonderful memories of you."

✦ ✦ ❦ ✎ ✎
August 30, 2016
There! I hope you like it, Ev! I was going to do a story from both perspectives from the pictures, but since it's from my character's point of view I can assume feelings and actions better than if I did for your Eevee soooo yea. I hope you like it, and I might still do one for the original picture because they are both so deserving of the story! ♪

✎ ✎ ➳ ✽ ✽
August 31, 2016
     I'm doing it. Yep.
Enjoy!
❦ ❦ ✧ ✿ ✿

Enjoy!❦ ❦ ✧ ✿ ✿

Always Remember

     Chari remembered Govyle's last words to her, explaining what her old, human situation was, and her new, Pokémon one. With Celebi, the three of them had agreed this is what they wanted with their lives.

     There was hesitation in that moment, but Celebi and Grovyle, and even her old self, had sacrificed and done so much to do this. A determined nod filled in for her words. She couldn't trust them.

     She remembered so much. All her memories.

     And they were going to not exist.

     Well, that wasn't entirely true...

     Looking at the back of her relieved partner, Ev the Eevee, Chari suddenly noticed. Light was bubbling from her. She had to tell Ev, before it was too late.

     "Ev," Chari said, her voice mostly under control. "There's something I have yet to... explain."

     Ev halted and turned, and got out, "What is it? Is there something else —" before realizing everything wasn't alright. "Chari!?"

     Chari walked up to her friend, kneeled down, and put her talons on Ev's shoulders. "Grovyle told me, just before he went back to the dead future we faced. Because of this, we are fading, since our future exists no more..."

     "Chari, good joke." Eve looked at her partner's troubled eyes. "It — it's a joke, right? You're not leaving me. You can't." Chari's silence was not reassuring, she knew.

     "I wish it was. But I had a great time here. And Grovyle said he wouldn't fade because you and everyone at the Guild carries memories of him. He will vanish, but he will live on. As will I." Chari's eyes sharpened, and she looked determined. "He told me. I had a choice. I lived in that husk of a world, Ev, and no matter what, I couldn't let it come to pass. I don't want to cause you this pain, but we will see each other again. I promise. And I won't forget, because I keep to my promises. Always remember that."

     "Chari... I can see through you. You don't have much time, do you?"

    Chari looked down at one of her talons. Only her red bandana was opaque. "No, I don't." She hugged Ev tightly, and for a moment the light swarm engulfed the Eevee, too. Chari pulled out of the hug. "Always remember." The swarm covered her up and stopped. The Charmander was gone, bandana on the ground. Ev picked it up and hesitantly went back to the Rainbow Stoneship.

     After, Ev headed to the Guild to deliver the news — both good and bad. They helped Ev through her tough moment, and she went back to Sharpedo Bluff in time for a sunset. The fiery colors reminded her of Chari's flame in the dark mystery dungeons, the only source of light.

     "This is what I will do for you," Ev said, tears slipping down her face, the fur around her eyes wet. "I will remember your promise, and hold you to it!" She laughed, trying to push away the stabbing from fond memories. Calmer, she went on, "I will remember. Always remember."

⋄ ⋄ ✦ ❦ ❦
And here is the second part that I wanted to do :) Hope you like it Ev! I hope I kind of portrayed Ev right χD (I know I must have put a little bit of me in there because that's how I write ^_^").