CHAPTER ~ 14

1 hour ago

1 hour ago...

What is a perfect relationship? You'll say something that builds trust, respect for each other. It all sounds perfect in romance novels.

But in reality their perspectives are different. For me, it's the utter devotion, the overwhelming need to possess and to be possessed. I don't want a love that'll free me, make a better version of me. The depraved darkness inside me craves a love that'll suffocate me, imprison me wholly, mind, body and soul.

When I see a basement full of compromising evidence in my fiance's house, I should run. I should take the gateway car and never look back.

Then why am I still standing here?

I take my time observing everything, coping with everything that's thrown my way.

Three of the large desktop screens are showing the live feed of my house, one covering the living room and kitchen, other one the stairs. And the third one is solely focused on my bedroom. The cameras are set up in a perfect angle, like a professional would do.

I shiver thinking about him invading my personal place, without my consent, like he owns me.

He's seen all of me, even before I knew it.

Next comes a large glass cabinet, which contains my personal belongings. I see one of my missing shirts. So, he had stolen it. Another drawer has the same brand of essence I use, the same body wash I use and many more.

It's the vibrator that makes my breath hitch. Why the fuck would he want that?

I see piles of Alissa Bell sheets. It's the same type of paper in which my stalker would send me letters. Wait! I forgot for a second, he is my stalker.

He has been lying to me all this time. When I informed him about my stalker, he was calm, collected. He even looked worried for me. How dangerous is he if he can lie like that?

Before I can think of anything, my feet start to move. Logic isn't working anymore, all I know is that I've to get away, away from the predator that has been hunting me all this time.

Reaching the entrance, I try to find my keys for the car, but surprisingly it's not here. I cannot go back. The designer girl is his employee. She probably is alarmed by now.

I have to think about every step carefully before doing anything. I can't call papa. He will break the alliance immediately. All my plans will be scattered in a blink of an eye. I can't let that happen. There's only one person I can call right now.

"I need your help, Lisa."

I start walking to the backyard. If I walk straight for three miles towards the south, I'll reach the expressway. Lisa will be waiting for me there.

Present...

Running for straight one hour is tougher than the leg day in the gym. I didn't know, until now, especially when your stalker is right behind you.