CHAPTER ~22

Today was the gloomiest day of the rainy season. There was no trace of rain but the simultaneous flow of wet wind gives the indication of an upcoming cyclone. Weather channel says it's because of the change in atmospheric pressure, I say it's not.

Call me dramatic, but I'd like to say that nature is presenting a stage for my performance tonight, giving me the spotlight. And the performance I'll deliver!

I've been busy for the past few days. The load of our entire business is shifted upon me now and I'm doing whatever it takes to keep it standing, and trust me it's hard as fuck. I always wanted to let go of some shady dealings, so I gifted those to my uncles. As a result of this now I'm left with less men and heavier work.

The news has spread throughout the entire community. Most of the capos had called me to congratulate or to make deals with them. Some of them had been entirely arrogant, thinking I've done everything with the help of my husband. But I'm not gonna be arguing with them. As Taylor Swift said "Haters gonna hate hate hate."

I'm sure Taehyung had heard of what I've done, how I've taken my rightful position. But he didn't say anything, I don't know why. Now, I've come across all the dealings papa had done with him, his dear business for which he married me. I haven't terminated any of them. No! That'll be giving him the satisfaction of knowing that I care. I have to show him that I can be as heartless as him.

Easier said than done, right!

.....

I came home early today, I needed my glamours to shine tonight. That's why I've taken the day to pamper myself with spa and hydrating facials, then I've taken my 'beauty sleep.'

It's evening now and Taehyung has been getting ready for the ball. I don't give him any scent of my plan as I keep typing in my laptop. Another reason that I don't look at him is because he looks so handsome! I can't lie about that. His rugged muscles are bulging through the perfectly tailored suit he's wearing, the tight trousers giving a perfect view of his crotch.

Don't salivate, slut! He's getting ready for another woman, your sister.

I scold myself and the bitter memories come flooding in my mind. I can mask my outside expressions, acting all bold and daring. But I can't cheat myself, my heart is bleeding out, and I know it. No amount of time and revenge will heal my wounds, caused by his betrayal.

I realise that I'm crying. I wipe my tears hastily, not letting it fall. And feel his sharp eyes on me the next moment. His expression is unreadable, eyes burning holes in me.

He approaches me slowly, standing right in front of me he touches my face, lifting my face to look in my eyes...

Before I can remove his hands, he says.. " Don't shed your tears for me, it doesn't suit you."