CHAPTER ~ 30

Loving what's safe is effortless

Loving what's safe is effortless. Adoring and tolerating someone's foibles is easily habituated when we already know everything about them, know that they are safe.

But that sickening rush of adrenaline when I am near a danger, the blood rush while approaching something that can ruin us is something else. Any normal, sane person'd cower away. But for me? It's the greatest orgasm.

Wanting Taehyung is the same. Even if we are in a good place right now, it won't take long to change that. In our life, there always will be some secrets, we will never be completely transparent to each other . And that'll hurt us.

But still I can't stay away. Nowadays an inch of gap between us feels like poison. It's as much addicting as scary. But that doesn't dishearten me. I keep crawling closer and closer, like a moth towards the flame.

I'm staring at his sleeping self for at least an hour. My eyes roamed all over his body. His devilishly handsome face is adorned with a slight curve of his lips. His fluffy hair is covering his sharp eyes, hiding those depths from me. I slowly remove his hair, running my fingers all over his face.

He's so beautiful that it hurts. Like God spent an eternity painting him carefully.

His shirtless body is oh so tempting, not too much muscle, but enough to throw me around here and there.

Unable to control myself, I latch onto him, kissing the firm muscle of his chest. I leave soft pecks all over him. Hovering over him, I curl myself on his chest, the safest place on earth.

I didn't realise I closed my eyes again, but when I finally woke up it's already noon. Taehyung isn't present but his smell still is. He rested pillows all around me.

I leave the bed and go to the washroom with a smile on my face. But as the time runs, all the worries and happenings from yesterday come back.

Shit! Shit!

The doctor was supposed to mail the report. I check the attachment hurriedly. The nine pages long document is hella annoying to read. But somehow I reach the end page.

Report is as expected. Whatever I said to Rubina, but deep down I knew she was telling the truth and the DNA result proves that. A 87% match. Now don't ask me how I got my Papa's sample. Taehyung took care of it.

Sucking a deep breath, I prepare for the day. I am supposed to start working today. But all I wanna do is to sleep. The beeping sound of the alarm goes off, and Taehyung comes in.

"Slept well, Princess?"

"Yeah.. Thanks for not waking me up. I kinda needed sleep."

"Of course. I know what you need and will always deliver it. Did the doctor call?"
"Yeah,I just saw the report. She isn't lying."

"Oh! Don't think too much. We'll figure it out."

Nodding, we both left the room. I take my surroundings more closely in the daylights. There's a large lake behind the mansion, guards all around it, why is that?