CHAPTER ~ 11

I've been doing this type of awkward brunch for all my life

I've been doing this type of awkward brunch for all my life. But today is different because today the people in front of me aren't business clients, they are my in-laws, my future family. 

Most of them had arrived by the time we reached, including my papa and Rubina. I wonder how she can come here, leaving her daughters alone after what happened. But come on now! She is Rubina. 

The venue that they have selected is an outside sitting arrangement in a famous resort. The weather is beautiful today making it absolutely amazing to dine outside. Only if the mentality of the people here matches that. A mafia family isn't a normal family, here blood means nothing, love means nothing. So I won't be surprised if someone tries to interrupt the marriage by trying to slit my throat today, been there, done that ! 

Taehyung pulls out a chair for me and I mutter a small thanks to him before sitting down. Papa is sitting in the position of the head of the table with Rubina on his left. 

Kim Marcello, Taehyung's father, is sitting at the other end, the exact opposite of Papa.  

Beside him, a beautiful looking aged woman is sitting. She gives me a kind smile which I return. 

"Jungkook, meet my mama, Mrs. Josie Marcello. "

Taehyung introduces us and the next second I'm attacked with a warm hug. Now, I've been deprived of parental love all my love but her warmth felt nice, motherly. 

"Welcome to the family, Jungkook. I've been eager to meet you. " she kisses my cheek lightly. 

"Uhm.. Thank you Mrs. Marcello." 

It feels very awkward to act so cosy with someone I just met but it doesn't feel wrong. 

"What nonsense, call me Josie. We're family. "

She says and returns to her seat. I see Taehyung's lips twitching a little, bringing a pleasant expression on his face.

I take a quick observation about my surroundings. Today's gathering was short, papa only brought my three uncles beside Rubina. And I'm really thankful that my idiotic cousins aren't present. 

I recognize the man from the day I met Taehyung, Alex the underboss. He gives me a welcoming smile and I nod at him. Two more men are present other than Taehyung's parents. 

Only a seat remains empty beside me, I think someone decided not to show up. 

The waiter brings our first round of drinks and everyone starts talking business. 

"So the marriage is in ten days, I believe you already started making the arrangements? " Mr. Kim asks papa. 

"Actually that's the point I have to talk about"

I look at Papa, so does Taehyung, his expression turning dark. What is there to talk about? 

"If your father tries to hinder or postpone our wedding, I'll shoot him now, on spot."