CHAPTER ~ 18

In a world where violence and merciless behaviour is praised and looked up-to, I always tried to make my place with a little bit of modification

The type of business my family and Taehyung do is anything but lawful, that's why it always comes with some extra bag and baggage which in most of the cases is a vehement showcase of cruelty. 

There's something about the men and women in this mafia world, they don't understand that strategic thinking and game of mind always work better than meaningless bloodshed. You have to be sly enough to enter your opponent's mind and win there first. But people here don't get it. Years of practice made them like these. They think with their gun, they talk with their gun. 

But I refuse to do so. I like to think of myself as a person with strong cerebral capabilities. Millions of years of evolution made us human, so if we forget humanity and act as animals what's the point of everything? Might as well live in the jungle and eat raw meat. 

Having this type of thinking , I had trouble fitting in the business. I was very young when papa introduced  me to a gun, and the sick feeling in my heart is still alive. Seeing enough it doesn't bother me anymore but I still like to use the logical approach. 

I had to go through lots and lots of dealings, and had to prove countless times in the past. Only then I had my recognition as a boss in papa's business, only then the men gave me their respect. 

And all of that just ruined in a blink of an eyelash, all because of my husband, my stalker, the bane of my existence. Because of him my place is snatched from me. 

He says I'll work here from now, but why will his men listen to me, agree to my plans? I'm a stranger to them, their boss's husband, not their boss. 

After getting ready and having our breakfast, Taehyung and I head towards the garage. 

"I'll go by myself in my car."

I try to go towards my bike when he grabs my hand. 

"Not a chance." I try to wiggle free from his grip.

"What's the point of bringing my cars and bikes then if you don't let me drive?"

In a swift movement, he presses me on his car door, holding my waist with his hand. 

"I'll love it if you let me drive you everywhere you go and if you won't let me, I'll do it anyway. I will always take care of you because you're my little princess."  

His husky morning voice is so deep like an ocean, and all I wanna do is drown in him. His other hand goes to the back of my head, caressing my long locks and playing with them. 

"I love your hair." he says and kisses the side of my face. 

Moments like these are precious, something you share with your soulmate, something that makes you feel the heaven on earth.