CHAPTER ~23

Revenge is sweeter than honey when served right

Revenge is sweeter than honey when served right. Best way to stir your man's jealousy is to give him a taste of his own medicine.  Was that what I was doing?

Being in the business for years, I have gained some friends, I won't call them friends but allies, that's what they are. So, they can be my source of information when needed. 

It wasn't hard for me to gather Taehyung's past, one which I should have done way earlier. He's notorious among mafia families, always has been. He's known for his cruelty, he's known for his skillful killing technique. Those didn't catch my attention, what I found interesting was his friendship with Park Bogum. He's the only person who was allowed inside his family for years, even if he was from another mafia family. 

But suddenly they had a fallout. No-one knows why, but it was something strange. After that he personally threw Bogum out of the country. People say it's because he betrayed Taehyung's trust by leaking inside information. But from what I've gathered it's something more, something drastic for him to react that way. Because Taehyung doesn't react easily. 

And I decided at that moment that I wanted that man as a plus one in the gala, the perfect catalyst for my husband's reaction. 

The moment I saw my sister with Taehyung, I knew they were faking it, putting on a show for me. The look on his face is enough to prove the level of repulse he's feeling towards her. My husband despises her, her touch, her talk, even her mere presence. I can bet he didn't look at her even for a second. Not only her, he can't stand anyone, he doesn't look at anyone who talks to him, anyone who tries to seduce him, anyone but me! 

Does that thought concern me? No. That only creates a weird feeling in my heart. But this causes a worry in me for sure. If he really isn't cheating on me, then what's he doing? Why did he behave rudely with me for the past few days? Too many questions with no answer. 

The event is being held in a giant luxurious cruise ship. The entire cruise with nearly five hundred people is floating over the sea, under the open sky which makes it gorgeous. The whole cruise is decorated beautifully, a gorgeous chandelier hanging from the false roof, giving it a royal touch. 

 Every important person, person with money, person with connections with bureaucrats are present here. And each one of them is trying to have a word with Taehyung. If they can land a business with him, they're settled for life, that's how powerful he is. 

His aura oozes confidence, power and strength as he sits like a king, surrounded by the most people, but his eyes are buried in me. 

"Looks like your husband is ready to burst." Bogum says, pulling my body towards him a bit more. I want to slap him, kick his ass for touching me. But I won't, Taehyung has to feel the burn I felt a few days ago. He has to know how it feels. 

I keep my eyes straight on the stage, avoiding his burning gaze. 

Auction is still going on. Every year they arrange this little show where they donate every family's antique pieces to charity. A little good in the sea of sins, like that can save us!