CHAPTER ~21

A wise man once said that one who has mastered the art of manipulation, would conqueror through life

Manipulation is beautiful artwork when done with excellency.

It can be done by lying, gaslighting, blaming, criticising, shaming and many other psychological processes. It gives me a blood rush, controlling someone to my own interest, concealing my true colour.

People make it easier when they wear their heart on their sleeve, baring their weakest points to others.

Years of practice makes you perfect. And while ameliorating myself, I not only understood my strengths but also my weaknesses. But ask anyone who knows me, will they be able to tell what my soft spots are? The answer is no.

The only person in the world I trust enough to reveal my true self is me.

No other living being!

So how do I conceal it? Simple, fake it till you make it!

That kept me alive till now. I never felt bad for using people and their feelings to my advantage. And I ain't going to start now.

My husband has gone from locking me up to ignoring my existence. Guess he understood it was no use. Now he pretends like I'm not here.

He leaves for work before I wake up and comes home after I fall asleep. The cook and the other house help are back, and I'm free to do anything. So instead of wasting my time and drowning myself in self pity, I'm using this time to my own interest.

I park my bike in front of the ferry terminal. I've been coming here for the last few days. Even if papa cut me off from the trade, our men obey me, more than they obey him. The news of papa's betrayal has reached them too. But they don't know that it is my husband who is behind all of this. And I'm not going to correct them. Making them hate Taehyung won't be a gain for me but making them hate papa will. It already did.

"Is everyone here? "

"Yes, boss. Your father had just arrived." Enzo, my underboss answers.

You see, the mafia is nothing different from politics. Only the voting process is slightly different. All the high rank workers and top hitmen have a say in who'll be their boss. And it was time they casted out Papa.

My father's not a fair person, never treated the men who worked under him with respect.

Many of them were still here because I was there. But if I was gone, they'd be too.

So I simply made them a deal, to vote the old man out and make me the leader. They already accepted.

Today's meeting is all about that. I won't be deprived of my birthright. I'll take what's mine with force even if it means killing my own blood and flesh.

His face turns white once I set foot in the room... "Missed me father?"

"Jungkook..!!!..."

"The one and only.. " I wink at him and take the chair opposite of him.