Chapter 115: Tomorrow, Just Wait And See

"Thank you, Li Zheng. If there's nothing else, then us brothers will take our leave first!" Sang Yufei was in a great mood, smiling and cupping his hands as he did a bow.

"No need to thank me! Please, go home quickly!" Li Zheng darted to a side while returning the courtesy, saying, "Oh right, if you have anything else that needs my help, don't hesitate to ask me!"

"If that's true, then when there is, I'll have much to trouble Li Zheng with!" Sang Yufei said politely.

"Hehe, don't worry!"

Sang Pingliang and Li Shi stood at the side, looking on with their eyes wide open, feeling so shameful and angry, they were at a loss for words. Li Zheng went to see the brothers off before turning around, only to see the old couple still standing in his house. Overwhelmed by disgust, he quickly forced them to leave.

Sang Pingliang and Li Shi are the sort who bully the weak and fear the strong. They dared to bully the orphaned Sang brothers but they did not dare to make a fuss with Li Zheng. All they could do was leave miserably while cursing on their way home.

"Mister, what do we do now!" Li Shi kept wiping away her tears of anxiety, "From now on, they'll surely bully us to our deaths! Especially that Fang Shi, her words are even sharper than knives!"

"Hmph!" Sang Pingliang's expression was as dark as the bottom of a pan and he coldly said, "He won't let us adopt him? So be it, it's not a big deal! Hmph, but they can keep on dreaming about not recognising me as their second uncle!"

"Mister, you have a plan?" Li Shi stopped crying and asked quickly.

"You'll know tomorrow!" Sang Pingliang sighed to vent out his anger. He believed that there was no way Sang Yufei would not acknowledge him as his uncle in front of a group of officials who would arrive to deliver the good news! The entire village shall serve as witnesses to Sang Yufei's ruined reputation if he dared to dismiss that fact!

For the village to have a top escorted examinee, it would bring up the reputation of the village's officer as well. Li Zheng quickly went to spread the news excitedly and soon, the entire Sihe Village was buzzing. Sang Hong's house became lively on that night.

Because everyone believed that Li Zheng would definitely not lie, then whatever he said must be true!

The Sang brothers and Fang Shi welcomed wave after wave of people who came to congratulate them: prestigious elders, old grannies, young ladies, as well as men both older and of the same age. Families with children taught by Sang Hong also came excitedly to pay their visit, each bringing their children and gifts, hoping to gain some blessings from the top escorted examinee.

The Sang brothers and Fang Shi became busy until late at night when they finally managed to send the last group of visitors away.

Closing the main gate and looking at the various gifts piled up in the house, from eggs, noodles, live chickens and ducks, to pork and sausages, the three of them sighed with a slightly strange expression.

"Luckily, we'd expected this, otherwise, it would really make us uncomfortable!" Fang Shi smiled, her words had somewhat managed to express the thoughts in everyone's mind.

Sang Hong and Sang Yufei both nodded in agreement.

All three of them were down-to-earth so they would not have believed in Sang Pingliang just based on his words unless Sang Yufei, or themselves, had seen it for himself. Assuming tonight was fake, then the joke played on them would have been a huge one!

Early on the second day, Sang Wan and Shi Fengju rushed from Yangliu Town to Sihe Village. The good news had already reached the town yesterday; by tradition, it should arrive at the village today. And so, they had to hasten their journey.