chapter 78

Chapter 78

Missy!” Lan Xiang gasped in surprise and hurriedly tried to advise, “The young master is busy, and he doesn’t seem to be in a good mood. Nubi thinks that it would be best for Missy not to go.”

“When did you become my master who can tell me what to do?” Gu Fangzi snorted and went to take a dark green cloak by herself before ordering Lan Xiang to take a lantern. “We’re going now!”

Lan Xiang’s mouth felt bitter, but she followed.

Arriving at the study room, Gu Fangzi eyed Zhang Huan to stop him from announcing their presence. As the two servants stood outside, Gu Fangzi slowly pushed the door open before walking in.

Her movements were quiet, and Shi Fengju, who had his head lowered, did not notice her.

She watched the man who was sitting right by the large purple sandalwood table as he wrote and read. His figure was graceful, but he had a grim look on his face. His nose and his thin lips all gave off a disposition that he belonged to a well-off and powerful family. The edge of Gu Fangzi’s lips rose, and her heart was in bliss. This man was now her husband! He was now her man! This was the man whom she love and who will love her back! No one can steal him away from her.

Gu Fangzi held her breath and kept away from the light as she walked gently to the back of Shi Fengju. She raised her arms and gently placed her hands on his shoulders. She smiled then sweetly.

Shi Fengju’s body stiffened, and his heart almost burst out from joy. He naturally a.s.sumed that it was Sang Wan who had come to send his supper.

“Why are you here? Haven’t slept yet?” Shi Fengju shifted his lips and said gently.

“I miss you so much, so I came to see you!” Gu Fangzi was happier than ever and said as sweetly as she could. She just knew that her Big Cousin would not ignore her! She was his most beloved woman!

That familiar yet unfamiliar voice was like cold water to Shi Fengju’s ears. The joy in his heart felt was quickly dampened, and how he wished he could be angry at this moment.

He quickly jolted himself up as he retreated a few steps before looking in askance at Gu Fangzi, “Why’re you here?”

“If not me, who else will be here?” Gu Fangzi was also

startled, and her heart was in turmoil. “Who did Big Cousin think it was, Sang Wan?”

“Her name is not for you to call! Do I have to remind you of your position?” Shi Fengju’s eyes darkened.

Gu Fangzi was taken aback, and her mouth felt extremely dry. She licked her lips moist before saying, “But, but there isn’t any outsiders in here. Haven’t I always called her that before? Why can’t I anymore?”
That was before. Shi Fengju thought of the sufferings Sang Wan had to go through, and they were also partially his fault! She was his first wife ah! Thinking about it pained him, and he said coldly, “She is my official wife, and you’re a concubine now. There’s a line that sets a wife and concubine apart. Fangzi, I hope you’ll remember that!”
“Why!” Gu Fangzi’s eyes reddened, “You weren’t like this in the past! You—”

“But you were the one who said that as long as you can stay in the Shi household, you’d even be willing to become a concubine, isn’t that right?” Shi Fengju found himself not being able to say the remaining words “and stay by my side.”