chapter 98

Nanny Li remained silent as she cast a glance at Zhide who was sobbing silently at a side. A horse can be led to a body of water, but it cannot be forced to drink, Nanny Li thought to herself. Since Ma’am is frustrated and Zhide isn’t willing to go, then it’ll be best not to force her, or else things won’t end well.

“Then, what does Ma’am plan to do?” Nanny Li smiled and asked.

Sang Wan sighed softly and said, “This problem is difficult to handle, and that’s why I called you over to seek your opinions! In any case, she is my sister-in-law, and I don’t wish to cause a scene that would make her lose her face because both Mother and Sir will not be too happy about it. But she has crossed the line this time! Zhide is like my arm, and I cannot just turn a blind eye!”

However, before Nanny Li could speak, Shi Fengju had lifted the curtains and barged in unexpectedly. He questioned, “What happened? What about my big sister? And what does it have to do with Zhide?”

The facial expressions of the three who were present changed instantly. Zhide was the most startled, and her eyes almost dropped onto the floor. Oh no! Not only was she unable to avoid jumping into the fire pit, she had even pulled her ma’am with her!

Sang Wan was also taken aback, and her mind quickly drifted. How could she have been so careless! They should have had Liu Ya keep an eye outside the door! They didn’t know to which extent had he heard their conversation, so he might even think that they were scheming against her sister!

Nanny Li’s mouth hung wide open as she was not sure what she should say. Afraid that Shi Fengju might jump into conclusions and fault Sang Wan, she quickly smiled and answered, “Young Master is here. It’ll be best for him to make the decision instead! Ma’am, why don’t you let the young master in on the situation!”

One side was his sister, and the other was his wife. This matter ah, it would be best to let him handle this heck of a headache! Nanny Li thought so before eyeing Zhide. With a bow, she dragged Zhide out with her.

Sang Wan had finally calmed down, and she smiled. “Yes, something did indeed happen. Sir, please have a seat while I explain it to you slowly.”

After inviting him to take a seat, Sang Wan personally poured him a cup of tea before taking a seat and explaining to him the details.

There was no need to speak in a roundabout manner like she did to Nanny Li when the one listening was Shi Fengju. She spoke objectively and straightforwardly before adding, “Zhide refused to go and came crying to me to help her, but your big sister has yet to mention it to me, so it’ll be inconvenient for me to take the initiative to bring it up! That is why I called for Nanny Li to discuss with her, and that is when you suddenly came in!”

After a brief moment of pause, she continued, “Big Sister said that Zhide is intelligent and that she would like to have her serve her husband, so that he can study peacefully. But Zhide is one who doesn’t speak much but has many thoughts in her head. Since she has already openly told me about her situation, forcing her to go would not be a good idea!”

Shi Fengju’s face darkened slightly, and he fumed, “That man sure is difficult to satisfy! To think he did have his eyes on the servants in the small garden! How very courageous of him!” He said to Sang Wan, “You don’t have to handle this. Let me instead!”