52

Deep down, Sang Wan was clear of how easily Wang Shi could be coaxed, and at the same time of her unpredictable temperament. Although her heart was not at ease, she dared not show a single hesitation on the surface and nodded as she spoke, Mother, rest assured Sang Wan will not put you to shame!

Wang Shi smiled, Thats good to hear, thats good to hear! Your family is a family of scholars, Mother believes you will certainly not lose to others! Sang Wan ah, this isnt about Mothers face, but also yours. When that time comes, many other ladies with status within Qingzhou will be present. When they witness your capability, who would dare to underestimate you!

Yes, Mother! Sang Wans heart tightened and she became somewhat nervous for a moment.

En, Wang Shi smiled and grinned. Its good that you understand! Go back then! These few days, theres no need for you to come and greet me. Whatever books you wish to read, just say. And whichever books the household does not have, just have a servant buy it!

Sang Wan was not sure whether to laugh or to cry for the way money was used. Was studying a thing possibly done overnight? However, since her mother-in-law had spoken, these **** two or three days, it would be best to at least act it out. As such, she expressed her gratitude before getting up to leave.

Originally, for such a banquet, it would be Gu Fangzi who followed along. But after the trouble with Gu Jin, Wang Shi felt a little guilty, and together with her fear of Mistress Zhuangs sharp mouth and nose which would provoke Sang Wan and Gu Fangzi deliberately, she simply spoke to Gu Fangzi to have her stay in the household.

And of course, Gu Fangzi took it as a sign that her aunt had favored her less. Even though she agreed, her heart had a strong sense of hatred for having such an insensible father who does not care for her, always create trouble, and complacent in the eyes of Wang Shi.

As she pondered deeply, Gu Fangzi suddenly had this thought, that at least she had a father, unlike Sang Wan whose parents were both gone! But thinking again, she had a reliable brother, whereas she had no one else to rely on!

In that moment, she could not help but feel even more saddened, and she shed a lot of tears secretly.

The night before the banquet, Nanny Jiang personally sent the new clothes and matching jewelry to the small garden and handed it over to Sang Wan.

A three-layered clothing, with the middle being high-collared and beige in color with stitchings of shallow pink and gold hibiscus flowers around the collar to match with the beizis collar. Right beneath the high-collar was a plum blossom shaped using white jade, and the heart of the flower was completed using a shiny dove-blood red ruby. Autumn color scheme used on the skirt and its floral patterns weaved using extremely fine golden threads. Even the belt, the pendant, and the sachet all looked extremely well-done.

A pair long hairpin made from chestnut jasper stone, and a flower hairpin with a pearl-sized jasper embedded, connected together with a fine silk tassel. At its end, it was decorated with a pomegranate-colored glazed glass pearl which was as large as a thumb. Using them with a suiting hairstyle would have a complete set, accompanied by the other accessories of jade, gold, pearls, and precious stones, it was an awe.

The tailor and jewelry professional no doubt lived up to their reputation. This set of clothes and jewelry were a good fit with Sang Wans temperament. Not too luxurious yet not too vulgar at the same time, revealing her graceful elegance within the riches.

Liu Ya and the others laid the jewelry and clothes together and the crowd could not help but meet it with praise. Even Sang Wan liked it, and she gratefully thanked Nanny Jiang.