Chapter 49: You Are My Daughter

Gu Fangzi went silent.

Shi Fengju heart felt as if an icicle had pierced his heart before an indescribable disappointment slowly filled the hole.

"Why won't you believe me?"

"That's because your actions don't live up to your words!" Gu Fangzi burst into tears and asked Shi Fengju sourly, "Do you like her now? Hold onto your conscience and tell me, have you started liking her? Do you think that I'm finding fault with you for no reason whatsoever and that I'm very sinister? Tell me!"

Shi Fengju did not speak and his expression turned calm, "Fang'er, I hope that nothing of this sort happens again in the future. I hope that the Fang'er I like is not that kind of person."

Once he was done, he turned and left.

"Big Cousin!" A burst of panic erupted in Gu Fangzi and she ran after Shi Fengju, hugging him tightly from behind. With her face pasted at his back, she choked with sobs, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Big Cousin, it's me who's in the wrong and not you! Don't be angry, please don't ignore me! Big Cousin, I did it because I was nervous, afraid that you might not want me anymore; I'm really afraid! Big Cousin, I cannot live without you! Big Cousin!"

Shi Fengju's body stiffened and he sighed, "Promise me, never do it again."

"En, en! I promise, I promise! Never again, never again!" Gu Fangzi nodded desperately.

Shi Fengju smiled and turned to pat her back gently, "Fang'er, believe in me."

"En, then, you've to promise me that your heart will never change!" Gu Fangzi hugged him even tighter this time around and rested herself in his arms.

"I, promise." Shi Fengju became unattentive in that moment but still nodded gently.

Only then did Gu Fangzi's tears finally stopped and she spoke softly, "On the day after tomorrow, Big Cousin will be leaving home so I've personally sewed two clothes for you. My handicraft isn't great, but Big Cousin, you must not laugh at them."

"Really? You made clothes for me?" Shi Fenju laughed, "When did you become so maidenly?" Since young, Gu Fangzi had never liked to do the work of women. Not just clothes, she had never gift him a belt and footwear before. As for an embroidered sachet, that was a few long years ago.

Gu Fangzi gave a glance at him and joked half-heartedly, "So you think only that wife of yours can be a maiden and I cannot?"

Shi Fengju's eyes turned dark but he forced a smile.

Gu Fangzi went on and rambled, "Those friends of yours who's a negative influence on you, you'd better get far away from them and never learn from them! You're not allowed to visit the brothel and date other girls outside! Hmph, if I find out, I'll definitely not forgive you!"

"How would I! Was I ever that kind of person?" Shi Fengju restrained himself and laughed.

"You never know! So I'm here to remind you!" Gu Fangzi puffed.

On to Sang Wan's side, she was almost done with packing the luggage. In there were his sleepwear, underwear and shorts, outerwear, cloak, shoes and socks, belts, headbands, and many others packed neatly for different occasions. There were also towels, soap, and other toiletries, lotus paste buns, pancakes, nail clipper, a jade ring, and many others all loaded into two large trunks and two small trunks. With a smile, she spoke to Shi Fengju, "There were the lists of items in the trunk so it was easy enough for me to pack! Tomorrow, Nanny will have someone to lift these to Zhan Huan and pass on a message to have him buy the items if there's any that's missing! The outside is never like home, Zhan Huan and the rest may not think on a whole and may become unattentive. When that time comes, remind them a little or they'll end up becoming lazy!" There, Sang Wan rumbled for a long time.