70

Sang Wan quickly nodded. "Yes, Mother! Sang Wan doesn't dare to deceive Mother! Still, speaking of which, Sang Wan was in the wrong for not caring for her husband enough, or something like this surely would not have happened. When he goes out to enjoy himself in the future, Sang Wan will ask him clearly. If he doesn't return before dusk, Sang Wan will call for someone to find out why. I have to be tight with him; Sang Wan shall keep this lesson in mind!"

Wang Shi pressed her brows a little and quickly exclaimed, "There's no need for that! He is a man. If you keep a tight watch on him whenever he goes out while spying on him here and there, don't you think he'll lose face? Next time, if he returns home late, just waiting for him is enough! If he comes home drunk, you'll have to persuade him out of it!"

"Mother is so thoughtful! Sang Wan understands! Sang Wan will keep that in mind and will ensure that something like this never happens again!" Sang Wan quickly sent the high hat up while expressing her resolution at the same time.

Wang Shi then sighed and waved her hand before saying, "Enough, get up! Don't kneel anymore! It's good that you understand. It's not that Mother doesn't feel bad for you, too, but just think about it, whom does our luxurious lifestyle depend on? Is it not the men who work tirelessly out there? Is there a problem with sleeping a little later occasionally? The man works so hard outside, but if he can't relax at home and with no one to care for him from the bottom of her heart, then what will become of him? He is your man; do you not feel sorry for him?"

It's not my place to feel sorry for him when he's not even my man, Sang Wan thought to herself, but she quickly agreed with Wang Shi and gently got up before once again displaying her resolution. Finally, Wang Shi's face completely eased up.

Nanny Jiang, who was watching from the side, could not help but be secretly amazed. This Ma'am is really not simple! With just a few sentences, she was able to extinguish the flame in Mistress's heart!

Being Wang Shi's personal maidservant, Nanny Jiang was more knowledgeable than Nanny Li about perceiving Wang Shi's temperament. Wang Shi always liked to turn to a blind alley and let her imaginations run wild. Whenever she disciplined others, she was unreasonable. Other than Gu Fangzi, she had never seen anyone able to coax Wang Shi with just a few sentences. And even Gu Fangzi had her own difficulties when she coaxing her.

Just after this had ended, Shi Fengju hurriedly arrived after receiving news from Nanny Li. Unlike what he had imagined, there was no tension, so Shi Fengju secretly let out a sigh of relief. He could not help but look at Sang Wan in the eye before smiling at his mother to give his greetings.

The flame that had already been extinguished previously was lit up again. Furiously yet lovingly, she scolded Shi Fengju. But since she was his mother, Shi Fengju was well experienced and soon made his mother smile once again.

"What's the matter with you? You aren't someone who likes to drink! You weren't like this before, so what happened? Tell me!" After Wang Shi had finished venting her temper, she started to ask about the situation.

"Nothing," Shi Fengju said with an understated smile, "Just that I haven't seen my friends for some time, so I got into the mood and drank a few more cups."

"Rubbish!" Wang Shi snorted, "Didn't you already have the gathering before? Then why the gathering again yesterday!"

Shi Fengju could only continue, "The previous one was with a group of friends, and yesterdays was between me and Young Master Zhuang. He, nn, was in a bad mood, so he asked me to accompany him for a drink. Without our noticing, after a few cups later, we had already drunk a little too much..."

Shi Fengju forcefully and slickly pushed the responsibility onto Zhuang Weixian!

Hearing that he was together with a Zhuang member last night, Wang Shi become even unhappier, and she grunted, "That Zhuang family is really no good! How can you still like being in contact with their son! Hmph, just look at that, you just got home and he's already making you drink so much!"