Chapter 50: Gu Jin's Silver Fraud

"What are you doing!" Gu Fangzi cried and snatched her arm back before speaking hatefully, "You so much hate to see me live a good life, to a point where you wish to see me suffer! Am I right!"

"I'll still have to depend on you to care for me when I'm old, so why would I hurt you?" Gu Jin sneered, "You're my daughter, isn't it right for me to bring you back home? Those Shi people can't just steal you away from me, right? Hmph, without a dowry, don't they ever dare dream of stealing away my flower; in their dreams!" With effort, he spits on the floor and cursed, "Those bunch of dishonest traders!"

Gu Fangzi was furious, to a point where she had become speechless and her lips were quivering.

"I'll not go with you!" Gu Fangzi spoke, with words full of hate, "Just go on your own!"

"I understand, is that Shi Mistress not letting you go? Then I'll go find her and talk some sense into her!" Gu Jin roared, "Those Shi family holding onto my daughter and not letting her go, just what is the meaning of it! Today, if I do not get a statement, I'll not leave!"

"Father! Father!" Gu Fangzi became anxious and pulled Gu Jin by his arm.

In the Shi family, Gu Jin was most afraid of Shi Fengju. Shi Fengju may look like an elegant and gentle person who had never raised a brow at him, and never insulted him indiscriminately even more so, however, for people like him, he can turn his life into a living hell without a word! And because of that, so long as Shi Fengju was home, he dared not come to the Shi family to create a ruckus. And even if he did come, he would only come sneakily to demand a few wine silvers.

But now, when Shi Fengju's foot was out the door, his foot came in through the back! And of course, this time, he was here to catch a big fish.

"What are you pulling me for! Stupid lass whose neck is always outside, taking my goodwill for ill-intent! Do you really think that the Shi family values you? If so, then why did that Shi Fengju kid marry the Sang member and not you? Others' are taking advantage of you, they're tricking you, you foolish daughter of mine! If not me, your father, to care for you, who else will? Today, if the Shi family does not give their statement, this father of yours will not leave!"

"Enough! Father, enough!" Gu Fangzi choked in tears. This was like a thorn in her heart where a slight stir would cause it to prick her heart. On days, she was not even willing to give it any thought, but who would have thought that Gu Jin would be the one to say it?

"What are you afraid for! Go! Go! We'll go find that old lady! Even though our Gu family isn't as great as the Shi family and their business, we shall not stand being bullied! Today, I want to hear her statement!"

The dispute between father and daughter, the servants witnessed such disaster and went to bring news to Wang Shi.

Having heard that Gu Jin had come, Wang Shi's brows wrinkled deeply. Gu Jin was a man who eats bread of idleness and drinks without restraint. That was fine and all, but the problem comes when he gets drunk. He would hit others, harder and harder. Wang Shi's younger sister was hit many times by him before, blue and purple patches all around her body. There were cases where she suffered serious fractures and had difficulty getting out of bed!

"Tell him to come in!" Wang Shi sighed heavily. When her son is out, she had already foreseen that Gu Jin would come to find trouble, only that she had not expected him to come so soon. Presumably, that nasty person came because he was short on silver! Wang Shi thought so that way.

"Aunt!" Seeing Wang Shi, Gu Fangzi broke into tears and threw herself into Wang Shi's arms, "Because of Fangzi's incompetence, it has brought trouble to Aunt! Fangzi is to blame!"