61

Ushering Sang Yufei to the small garden, Sang Wan smiled. But before she could begin the conversation by talking about the weather, her second brother's face darkened a little and he questioned her, "Sang Wan, is there something you're hiding from us?"

Sang Wan was taken aback. She knew that the 'us' he was referring to were him, Big brother, and sister-in-law.

"Second Brother, what are you saying? Aren't I looking fine?" Sang Wan smiled.

That, however, made Sang Yufei more sure of his thought. Under the silent confrontation between the two, Sang Wan gave up in the end and lowered her eyes slightly.

She forced out a laugh and asked awkwardly, "Second Brother, what do you wish to tell me?"

As of now, the Sang members have not gotten wind of the news that Gu Fangzi will be marrying into the Shi family yet. Wang Shi had been avoiding the topic because she feared the Sang members would come over to create a ruckus. If that happens, it would be difficult for her to handles. As such, she wanted to wait until Shi Fengju returned before letting Sang Wan pass the news. When that comes, at least her son would be present to handle the situation.

"I just feel that something's a little off," Sang Yufei spoke with a faint smile. "For a servant at the Second Gate to dare be insincere and look down on you who's the Ma'am of the household! Sang Wan, just what is going on?"

Sang Wan smiled bitterly. Second Brother was not like her Big Brother who can be fooled easily. Thinking back, when Liu Ya told her sister-in-law about the Double Fifth Festival, her sister-in-law might have been quick with her mouth and told Second Brother about it.

Sang Wan murmured, "As of now, the household is managed by my mother-in-law's niece so all the household affairs are handled by her. Because of that, some servants might be foolishly ignorant towards me. As for that servant, I've already severely punished her!" With that, she explained the punishment she gave. "I may be quite passive by nature, but who knew others would end up taking advantage of it, and thus something like that happened today!"

Sang Yufei thought for a moment. He placed some trust in those words and smiled, "I see, so that's the case! Then my mind can be at rest."

Sang Wan smiled, "I'm already this old, what can you be worrying about? If, if I still need to make my two brothers and my sister-in-law worry, then I, really

Thinking that her two brothers and sister-in-law worry for her, Sang Wan could not help but feel touched in her heart and her eyes turned moist.

"Silly lass," Sang Yufei laughed, "Father and Mother aren't around anymore. Your brothers and sister-in-law worrying for you is something we ought to, don't you think? If you don't marry well, then how can we face our parents in heaven?"

Recalling the blissful moments she had with her brothers in the past when she was still young, even though they weren't rich, but that was the time when the environment around her was the most pleasant!

Sang Wan felt a warmth in her heart and she smiled. A smile soft and gentle on her white face, and the glisten on her black eyes that was like glass.

In her past life, she had actually ignored such precious feelings! In this lifetime, she had to be happy because her happiness was not just for herself, but also for those of her beloved ones who were close with her!

"Second Brother, thank you. Thank you, Second Brother, Big Brother, and sister-in-law! I'll be alright and not let all of you worry!" Sang Wan break into a smile.

Sang Yufei laughed before letting out a sigh, "Our Sang Wan really have grown ah! To actually know how to say 'Thank you' now!"

Sang Wan felt a little embarrassed by his words and wanted to deny shyly, only to hear her brother let out another gentle sigh, "It's a pity that the older we get, the more foolish we become, just like your brother here!"