chapter 93

Ren Zhixian spoke with a stern face, “Yumei is right. I’m doing this for the good of your Shi family! Since you do not see a need for it, then forget it! Just do as you deem fit!”

Ren Zhixian was feeling displeased, and he thought to himself, Like a dog biting its master’s hand. I am willing to take the time to give my ideas on how the study room should be arranged today because I’m in a good mood, and all of you are lucky enough to be able to listen to it! What does your family even know about arranging and decorating a study room? Hmph! No wonder; for a family who could not produce a scholar for so many generations, what do you know? All your eyes only see money!

Shi Fengju was annoyed at him for having no sense of urgency. He wasn’t going to let this person off so easily, and he acted as if he could not understand his expression. With a gentle smile, he spoke with full sincerity, “How can I do that! Brother-in-law, you shouldn’t say that ah, this study room will be used by you. If you don’t partake in the decorations and arrangements, it’ll really put me in a difficult position! After all, we are not people who understand this as much as you. If you don’t give your views, then I can only instruct someone to decorate and arrange the study room according to how your old one looked before!”

Ren Zhixian was so furious that he became speechless.

Shi Fengju smiled again. “How about this? When the layout is being produced, Brother-in-law can be at the side to give your opinion. If you think it’s fine, then so be it. But if you think otherwise, then we can still discuss again together.What do you think?”

“I think that’ll be great!” Shi Yumei smiled and nodded.

The anger in Ren Zhixian still did not dissipate. Great? How is that great? Can I even say otherwise? If I were to say otherwise, then he will surely bring up my house—

Deep down, Ren Zhixian was frustrated at Shi Fengju for relying on power to bully him. How he wished he could straighten his back and act all haughty, but thinking about his current situation where he even had to rely on others to provide his ink and brush, there was no way he could do so, and he could only nod carelessly, “Fine!”

“Then that’s settled!” SHi Fengju smiled and continued, “If Brother-in-law has any opinions, just voice them out. I’ll be sure to satisfy you, so that your mood to study won’t be affected!”

Ren Zhixian let out a soft grunt. After leaving the study room, his eyes were fixed on the banana tree and bamboos at the center of the courtyard as he pointed at them. “That banana tree is thick, and that bamboo is blocking the light from entering the study room. Have someone cut them down tomorrow!”

“Understood!” Shi Fengju seemed to not mind. “Cut it is. I’ll have someone cut them down tomorrow! Does Brother-in-law want me to have two plum trees planted there instead?”

Ren Zhixian wanted to refuse, but he hesitated for a moment before nodding, “Then I’ll have to trouble you!”

“Brother-in-law, there’s no need to be so polite!” Shi Fengju smiled. “Brother-in-law wants grown plum trees, right? I’m not too sure if we have any in our household! But that doesn’t matter, there’s sure to be some in Qingzhou. We’ll just buy them!”

His tone was like that of a filthy rich person flaunting all the money he had.