Chapter 35: The Chained Incident Caused By A Cockatoo (2)

Liu Ya's situation was not any better too. Whenever Second Mistress saw her, she would recall her husband's embarrassing act and thus wishes to never see her anymore. Concubine Shui and Concubine Fang both saw her as an eyesore and a thorn in the flesh, and thus, they thought of many ways to toss her around. In less than a year, Liu Ya was tortured into a soulless husk and would often fall ill. Thereafter, she was sent to the farm and no news of her was ever heard since then.

In this lifetime ever since Sang Wan entered through the main doors of the Shi family, she had always stressed upon not easily letting Liu Ya leave the small garden, and if there was a need for her to leave, she would always be accompanied by a small lass; all to prevent the incident from happening again.

But who would have thought that there was no escape from fate? The wheel of fate was truly biased, where a slight twist to the route still led her back to the checkpoint!

In the end, Liu Ya had once again caught Second old master's eyes.

Today, Second Ma'am did not open her mouth to speak of the topic, but who knows maybe tomorrow it would be the Second Mistress's turn to speak about it.

On that thought, Sang Wan's eyes reddened and she asked, "Nanny, what do you think should be done?"

Nanny Li frowned, "This isn't a task that's easy to handle. Ma'am may not know, but even the Second Mistress is afraid of the Second old master and his temperament. Whatever catches his eye, even if it were just a brief moment, he would want to get his hands on it! Second Ma'am may not have spoken today, but tomorrow, it may be Second Mistress's turn to ask for her personally! It will be difficult to refuse since she is an elder in the end! What's more, although the matter isn't clear, but many of the maidservants have already caught wind of it. If Second Old Master insists on having Liu Ya, then I'm afraid that in the future——who would dare to enter into a relationship with her?"

As Sang Wan's personal servant, her only way out were three options. One, was to attain the highest position a maidservant could get and become the maidservant closest to serving Shi Fengju; and once she lived up to her expectations, her position may be raised to become his concubine. Two, she could marry to a steward from the household; And three, to receive her master's grace and be released from her position, allowing her to roam free and search for her own husband!

But now that Second old master had already opened his mouth, Shi Fengju would not likely receive her in the future in any case. And even the family's steward, or servant, who would dare marry her? It would also be the same for those not within the household!

Sang Wan's heart instantly sank and she trembled slightly.

The meaning behind Nanny Li's words was to tell her to compromise. After all, if Second Mistress were to open her mouth to ask, her being the younger member of the family had no rights to go against an elder. If an argument were to spark, Nanny Li also wishes for that to not happen.

"Liu Ya that lass!" Nanny Li sighed deeply, "Very unfortunate!"

That meaning was to have Sang Wan fully give up on her personal maidservant.

"Nanny," Sang Wan reluctantly relaxed her facial muscles. Clenching her teeth, she spoke with great difficulty, "But, I had already spoken with Liu Ya privately that she would be handed over to Sir in the future. As for that matter, Sir has already known! If I were to hand her over to Second old master, how am I supposed to tell Sir? I'm afraid that Sir might——"

"There was such a thing?" Nanny Li became surprised and frowned, "That,"

Since Sang Wan said so, and Sir had already known, Liu Ya was already considered as one of the Young master's people, so of course Second old master could not have her.