chapter 100

Sang Wan’s body slightly stiffened as those words seemed to have deeply pierced her heart, but not to the point where her body went cold stiff, and so she quickly returned back to reality.

That’s right; this was such a beautiful place, so surely, he must have brought his cousin here already, right?

Shi Fengju cast a glance at Sang Wan, and he noticed her brows faintly scrunch up, as visible as a single cloud in a clear sky. Shi Fengju’s heart turned somewhat gloomy, and he forced a smile, “Miss Gu is busy, so she will not be coming in the future!”

There was no way Cui Ling would know of the happenings inside the household. The little lass was outspoken, and she sighed, “Oh, that’s a pity!”

Sang Wan’s expression changed, and her chest felt tight.

Auntie Cui’s face also changed, and she angrily glared at Cui Ling before scolding her, “Lass, why do you keep letting your mouth run! Go and serve Young Master and Ma’am properly. What good is there in speaking about irrelevant things!” Then, she turned and said eagerly to Sang Wan, “Ma’am, not only does the orchard have pomegranates but also grapes, dates, oranges, and many more. Ma’am, enjoy yourself slowly and have a taste of them. The soil here is fertile, and the water here is full of minerals, so our fruits are especially sweet!”

“Is that so? Then I’ll be sure to have a taste of them!” Sang Wan smiled and blinked a few times at Cui Ling before gesturing at the sulking lass, “Come, Xiao Ling, we’re waiting for you to lead the way!”

“Yes, Ma’am!” Cui Ling glanced at her mother from the corner of her eyes. Seeing that she was not displeased, her face brightened up, and she went to lead Sang Wan.

Shi Fengju smiled bitterly and could only follow along.

Behind the country house was a plot of uneven land ranging about fifty acres, and all of it was used to grow fruit trees. There were patches of land for loquat trees, peach trees, and pomegranate trees respectively. The small patch of land near the country house that spanned about one acre was used to grow many other different types of fruits. There were strawberries, apricots, plums, pears, cherries, persimmons, dates, papaya, grapes, and many others. From afar, Sang Wan could already smell the fragrance of the fruits.

“Ma’am, the pomegranates are over there! Be careful of your footing!” Cui Ling pointed to the north and smiled. “Just look at that, those red orbs decorating the trees are the ones! When you come again next spring, it will be just right when the flowers of the peach blossom trees bloom over on that piece of land. It’s really beautiful! On the fifth month, the loquats will be ripe with a beautiful shade of yellow, too! The loquats here are also very sweet!”

“Is that so? The place you live in is truly great!” Sang Wan could not help but smile.

“En! I like it too!” Cui Ling nodded with a smile, “This place is especially good, and it is especially beautiful! My parents always say that it’s all thanks to Sir’s grace! Sir is the great benefactor of our family!”

Cui Ling said as she smiled towards Shi Fengju.

Shi Fengju hurried over and laughed, “Lass, your mouth’s getting sweeter and sweeter by the day! Now, why don’t you walk a little more slowly, or else your ma’am can’t keep up with you!”