chapter 107

The sister-in-law and brother looked and smiled bitterly to each other.
“What?” Sang Hong looked at them strangely before smiling, “Don’t worry. This is an extremely big good news. They’ll definitely be happy for us and not otherwise!” Surely they wouldn’t ridicule, and create trouble, for us.
“You, sit down!” Fang Shi forcefully pressed him on his seat and glared at him, “Use your head a little! Yufei is now a top escorted examinee. He can be considered an important figure in Yangliu Town, who knows how many would come to bootlick and gift him with gifts! Knowing Second Uncle and Aunt, what do you think they would do? Are you trying to corner your own brother to a cliff?!”

Sang Hong’s expression changed and an obvious amount of cold sweat formed on his back, “Maybe, maybe— they won’t…”

“Do you really think so? Hmph, they stick their nose in Sang Wan’s matters. What makes you think they wouldn’t do it to Yufei!” Fang Shi sneered.
Sang Hong’s heart sank and his hands turned cold. He knew his wife wasn’t wrong. With his second uncle and aunt’s personality, they would surely do so. What’s more, they were the seniors. As the younger generation, there was no way they could talk against them or they would be labeled “unfilial”. If Father and Mother were still around, that same principle could at least be used to suppress Second Uncle and Aunt since Father and Mother were older than them. However, Father and Mother are no longer around!

“Sister-in-law is right. I rushed home ahead of the group, who’ll be here to announce the good news, because of this as well.” Sang Yufei let out a gentle sigh, “It’s not that I wish to leave them out, but their actions cannot call for any respect from others!”

Fang Shi cast a glance at Sang Yufei and she thought to herself: The top escorted examinee is indeed speaks of a certain standard! Those two’s actions had never called for our respect. How I wish we could expose their actions out to the public!

“But the group will be here in a day or two, there’s no way you can hide it from them for long ah!” Sang Hong frowned. For the sake of his own brother’s reputation, he would put aside his feelings, and even his uncle and aunt too.

“I’ve an idea that I’d like to try. At least, that’ll be able to keep their mouths shut…” Sang Yufei said, before revealing his plan to his brother and sister-in-law.

Sang Hong remained hesitant after listening from Sang Yufei, but Fang Shi covered her mouth and praised with a laugh, “I think that’s not too bad, let’s go ahead with it! Let’s make them utterly speechless!” Then again, she sighed, “They know no shame…I’m just afraid that after we go ahead with the plan, they might shameless insist on making up to us!”

“We’ll just go with the flow!” Sang Yufei sighed.

Two outrageous seniors were enough to push the climbing him all the way to the edge of a cliff.

After the decision was made, Sang Yufei went to change into his old washed out clothes before heading to Sang Pingliang’s house and knocking on his door.

Li Shi peered through the door viewer and shouted deliberately, “Who’s this?”
“Second Aunt, it’s me!” With a smile, Sang Yufei raised his voice in reply.

After a long while, the door finally squeaked open. Li Shi stood cross-legged by the door with a hand supporting on her hip and the other on the side of the doorframe. Taking a quick glimpse at Sang Yufei, she said, seemingly smiling, “Oh, our Xiao Fei is back! How did it go ah? Huangzhou’s a bustling place, did you have fun there?”

“Not too bad!” Sang Yufei smiled sincerely before adding, “Second Aunt, my house has no more noodles so my sister-in-law asked me to come over and borrow some flour.”