Chapter 75: A Frontal Attack

But since Gu Fangzi did not seem to mind, Wang Shi felt apologetic towards her and smiled. "You should return to Peony Park first! Your Big Cousin might be busy! Maybe you can visit him when he's free!"

With those words, Gu Fangzi understood her meaning and was pleased with the outcome. With a smile, she agreed before taking her leave.

"Nanny Jiang, send someone to go and see what Fengju's doing! If he's not busy, call him here!" Once Gu Fangzi left, Wang Shi immediately ordered.

Gu Fangzi left the courtyard proudly and slowly returned to Peony Court. On the way, she saw eleven to twelve servants carrying a number of wooden cases in the direction of the small garden. She turned to gaze at the direction they were going from which seemed to be from Shi Fengju's study room.

Gu Fangzi stopped in her steps. "Go and ask just what's going on."

Lan Xiang nodded and hurriedly went up to ask. After a while, she returned and reported, "They are gifts that the young master had brought back from his trip. He has called those servants to carry them to Ma'am who's in the small garden..."

Gu Fangzi's heart suddenly tightened, and a glint flashed past across her eyes as she spoke, "Come, we'll go to the small garden too and greet Ma'am!"

Big Cousin, his heart has really changed for someone else! In the past, the best things would always be sent to her first whenever he returned from a trip. But this time around, he didn't even mention anything to her and openly sent the things over to the small garden! That Sang Wan must have used some vicious trick to steal Big Cousin's heart away!

"Missy, we, we should just return..." Lan Xiang was taken aback, and her hair was standing on its ends.

Not again! One can already see that the young master has placed some importance on Ma'am, so why must Missy go and stir up trouble?

"What? Scared?" Gu Fangzi grunted.

"Not at all, not at all!" Lan Xiang shrank her neck. "Nubi, nubi just thinks that... it won't be good..."

"Shut up! You're in no position to say that!" Gu Fangzi sneered, "Won't be good? I don't think so! Even if she does not recognize me as her sister, I'll call her sister no matter what!"

Calling her 'sister' was already gaining an expense out of her!

When Gu Fangzi arrived, the servants had already delivered all the wooden cases and placed them down. Receiving their monetary reward one by one, they said their thanks and took their leave. The five to six large wooden cases in the side hall were particularly eye-catching.

"Sister!" Not waiting for her presence to be reported, she swung her handkerchief as she entered. "Younger Sister has come to greet Sister!"

"Oh? Sister is here? Quickly take a seat!" Sang Wan smiled slightly as she ordered for tea to be served.

Gu Fangzi laughed. "I haven't served Sister any tea yet, and here I am, able to drink Sister's good tea! This really makes Younger Sister feel more than entitled!"

Those words made others uncomfortable. Liu Ya, Hong Ye, and the rest could not help but frown. Nanny Li laughed and said, "Laonu must say ah, Miss Gu really does things with clarity! But sometimes, overstepping that line isn't good! Just like now, it's still quite early, so there's no need for Miss Gu to come all the way here to greet Ma'am; three years later isn't too late! Laonu thinks Miss Gu should stay in Peony Park to mourn. Or is Old Master Gu unhappy being in heaven, and so Miss Gu no longer has to do her part!"

Gu Fangzi's expression stiffened all of a sudden, but she quickly directed a smile at Sang Wan. "Here I thought that the small garden is controlled by Sister, but I guess it's not! Nanny Li worries too much! Aren't you afraid of others saying that you don't know how to let go and treat yourself like a member of the family! Keke, fortunately, Nanny doesn't have a daughter, or else the daughter would've inherited her authority. Then there'll never be a chance for Sister to have control over the small garden! Oh, if my memory's correct, I've just made a mistake! Nanny Li does have a daughter, doesn't she? A goddaughter ya!" As she said that, she began giggling to herself.