60

Management Lady Wu was the maidservant in charge of carrying out the punishment of maidservants within the Shi household. Nanny Li immediately panicked and quickly forced a laugh, "Ma'am, may I know the reason for having Management Lady Wu over for?"

Sang Wan coldly glared at her without speaking. Seeing Sang Wan's expression, Zhide scolded Nanny Liu, "How bold of you! Is there a need for Ma'am to explain whatever she wishes to do to you!"

Nanny Liu was at a loss for words and she quickly smiled, "Then, laonu shall not bother Ma'am. Laonu still has things to do so laonu shall leave first!"

"Stand still!" Sang Wan coldly voiced out.

"Does Ma'am have something she wishes to instruct laonu?" Nanny Liu was taken aback.

Sang Wan ignored her entirely and headed to Baoxia Hall which was not far away.

Zhide glared back at Nanny Liu and said to her, "What Ma'am tells you to do, just do. Stop with all those nonsense and hurry over now!" before hurrying to help Sang Wan over.

Nanny Liu had no choice and gently slapped her own mouth before following behind anxiously.

Not too long later, Management Lady Wu arrived and stepped forward to give her greeting before seeking the problem.

Sang Wan looked towards Zhide and pouted her lips at her. "You tell Management Lady Wu what happened just now."

"Yes Ma'am!" Zhide responded before describing the matter in full details.

Management Lady Wu's expression changed slightly and she gave a glimpse at Nanny Liu.

Management Lady Wu could, at any moment, could make Nanny Liu's life turn miserable with just a sentence. Nanny Liu immediately panicked under pressure and kneeled on the floor to seek forgiveness while offering an explanation at the same time, "Laonu deserves to die, but it isn't laonu's fault! It was Miss Gu who instructed laonu to give Second Young Master Sang the five silvers to send him off. Miss Gu also said there was no need to tell Ma'am"

"Presumptuous!" Sang Wan coldly cut her off and sneered, "Useless woman, if you want to lie, then think first before saying! My family member came, and since he was here to see me, what does that have to do with Miss Gu? Miss Gu isn't a foolish woman to give such a ridiculous instruction. If even if she did instruct you to do something, it would be to go to the small garden and report to me!"

"Laonu isn't lying, laonu is speaking the absolute truth!" Nanny Liu cried her grievance.

"You still don't wish to admit your mistake?" Sang Wan raged and pointed at her, "I think you must have turned foolish due to your age! Should I invite Miss Gu over and have this settled with her present? En?"

The word "Okay" almost blurted out of Nanny Liu's mouth but she quickly held it back in as her face turned pale in an instant.

She was not foolish to that degree. She knew that even if Gu Fangzi were to come, she would definitely not admit while mentioning for her to provide evidence to support her claim. And even if there were some evidence, offending Gu Fangzi would not do any good for her in the Shi household. Not only would she herself be unlucky, her entire family would also have to suffer alongside!

"Foolishness is on laonu! Foolishness is on laonu! Laonu must've been possessed and spoke those foolish words that shouldn't be spoken! Ma'am, please have mercy on laonu! Laonu wouldn't dare anymore, laonu wouldn't dare!" Nanny Liu slapped herself on the face, left and right, and cried for mercy.

Sang Wan frowned and signaled to Zhide.

Zhide's face dimmed and she scolded, "Quiet! Yelling in front of Ma'am and telling her what to do next! Does this household not follow the rules anymore!"