chapter 105

Ren Zhixian’s actual meaning was: Do you see that? Even if you, a Sang family’s lad, were the Shi family’s Ma’am’s younger brother and a top escorted examinee, you aren’t anything brilliant! My Cui Bao will not spare even you a glance!  

But who knew Cui Bao would get startled. The Shi family’s Ma’am would be the mistress of the household in the future ah! Her brother was not someone she should offend! What’s more, he was also the top escorted examinee ah!

“Cui Bao was disrespectful and seeks for Sir’s forgiveness!” Before Ren Zhixian could react, Cui Bao had immediately kneeled down towards Sang Yufei with a bashful smile that was sweeter than honey.

Ren Zhixian’s face turned slightly twisted, and he was unhappy, but he was the one who chided her. Regardless whether she did so in good faith, her taking the opportunity was not something he could speak of.

Sang Yufei was feeling even more uncomfortable than Ren Zhixian. With an awkward smile, he accepted the apology.

Cui Bao chuckled demurely, “The top escorted examinee is indeed gentlemanly!” That made Sang Yufei’s stomach churn, and he almost barfed.

Shi Fenghua laughed to himself at the sight. That’s what you get for laughing at me just now!

“Come, come, drink some tea, drink!” Ren Zhixian was not pleased, and he gave a cough before raising his cup.
However, Shi Fenghua and Sang Yufei were already disinterested in their cup of tea. The two followed, raising their cups to their lips, just for show.

Ren Zhixian did not seem to have noticed. After a cup of tea, his mood was instantly lifted, and he began wording his words excessively using lots of historical allusions to identify with Shi Fenghua and Sang Yufei’s understanding. Shi Fenghu and Sang Yufei were forced to exchange words with him perfunctorily.

Cui Bao silently stood behind Ren Zhixian, but her pair of lively eyes would take a glimpse at Shi Fenghua and Sang Yufei from time to time. The more she looked at them, the more she liked them, to the point where Ren Zhixian was pushed to the mud deep inside her heart.

Seeing how Shi Fenghua and Sang Yufei were answering him with servility, the two had almost no words during the exchange except some vague remarks such as ‘You’re right!’, ‘That’s right!’, ‘Yes!’, and a few others with similar meaning. Basically, he was just talking off the top of his head. He was secretly delighted, and he thought to himself, These two lads are still inexperienced. Compared to me, they’re far behind! His self-esteem was greatly satisfied, fueling his arrogance. He looked towards Sang Yufei, but there was not as much disgust in his eyes as before. The lad was, after all, a bookworm to not even know what it meant to be an ‘outstanding’ scholar! From top to bottom, he was neither elegant nor was he outstanding! What a pity, what a pity ah!

Ren Zhixian’s arrogance rushed to his head, and he suddenly became more generous. With a smile towards Sang Yufei, he said, “Brother Sang can now be considered as having a foot into becoming an official. Was there someone whom you like who cared for you and supported you from behind?”
Shi Fenghua could not help but be in awe, “Brother Sang is truly admirable! Not only does Brother Sang have a good character, but youre also both filial and respectful!”

However, Ren Zhixian did not think so, “How can that be fine? What’s done is done, but you’re now a top escorted examinee. If there’s no one to serve and support you, you’ll become a joke and an insult!” With that, he waved his hand before turning his head to point at Cui Bao, “What do you think of this lass?”

Sang Yufei was taken aback and he forced a smile, “Good, I guess.” How could there be such a person who would ask others to judge his servant? Sang Yufei shook his head disapprovingly to himself, but did not give it much thought.