Chapter 37: Why Does The Heart Still Feel Aggrieved?

Second Mistress was not awkward when communicating with them, and she greeted them courteously before diving straight into the purpose of inviting them over. Sang Wan also did not hold back and instructed Liu Ya to teach Rou'er earnestly. At the same time, Sang Wan smiled at Second Mistress without giving much thought, "That lass has a good memory, and happens to take care of a white cockatoo when she was serving another master in the past. As she served, she also learned how to take care of the bird! But who would have thought that what she learned there would be useful here?"

Liu Ya arrived at the Sang house at the age of ten, but it was true that she had a master previously. Since she came from a foreign place, Sang Wan mixed in a little false into the truth as she believed that Second Mistress was not interested.

There was only one meaning behind Sang Wan's words, and that was: Liu Ya only knows just that and nothing else! Do not take her as one who knows all! Just for this, she was only following the little knowledge she had stored in her memory. If anything went wrong, do not blame her!

Having said, the incident had come to an end and Sang Wan could finally be relieved. Liu Ya had no need to repeat the tragic past and the two, master and servant, were able to escape from the disaster.

But it seemed that Rou'er truly was a clever child, and maybe even a little talented. After the several pointers given by Liu Ya, she was able to successfully tame that arrogant and tough Xiao Bai!

Second old master was elated and he dot Rou'er even more.

That should not have hindered Liu Ya in any ways, but there was always this saying that 'an enemy of my enemy is my friend' and likewise 'a friend of my enemy is my enemy'.

Rou'er being greatly favored had led her status to rise above her fierce competitor, Huan Qiuju, who was of a higher status than her previously! Qiuju was originally Concubine Fang's personal maidservant, and the two were extremely fixated on seducing the second old master. When the master gets dotted on, the esteem would naturally rise.

Still, Concubine Fang's status was still higher than that of Rou'er, and so was not very concerned about Rou'er basking in the limelight. However, Qiuju was extremely unhappy and deliberately brought trouble for Rou'er out of jealousy. But how could Rou'er willingly let her do so? With just a sentence of complain, Qiuju ended up being the one getting scolded!

Filled with both hate and jealousy, anxiousness and anger, Qiuju dared not touched second old master's most dotted maidservant and could only bottle those feelings up like a child as night passed. Afterwards, those bottled up feelings were transferred onto the next person-in-line who resulted in Rou'er's status to rise, and that was Liu Ya. On one of the days, she found a reason to harshly scold Liu Ya and gave her two tight slaps.

Liu Ya kept Ma'am words to heart, with addition of her fear towards the second old master, she dared not return the favor to one of his closest maidservant and could old cry as she returned to the small garden.

Shocked, the members in the small garden asked with concern, and were furious at the treatment after knowing the details. However, they were unsure as to what they could say in such a situation.

Sang Wan was especially shocked and angry. She was furious to a state that her whole body was shaking slightly.

Rou'er was one of the second old master's closest maidservants whereas Liu Ya was her own personal maidservant. However, in the eyes of the public, Liu Ya was already considered as the Sir's 'closest maidservant'. In short, her status was no lower than Rou'er's.

Deep down, Sang Wan knew that she was living her life now too blissfully that others would treat Liu Ya like a raft and test her; which in this case was a hit on her face.