Chapter 39: Drunk

"Sor...sorry! Sorry!" Shi Fengju was taken by shock and he frantically got up. Even to his cousin whom he grew up with, he had never been so intimate with her before, so how could he be discourteous towards Sang Wan?

"Ma'am! Are you asleep? Nubi has brought some soup to help sober Sir!" A crisp knock and a loud call could be heard from outside the chamber.

The two who were together on the bed was feeling awkward and embarrassed. But because of the sudden voice that rung from outside the chamber, it startled them and their behavior changed! Although Shi Fengju had sobered up, he still lacked the strength. The sudden surprised caused him to lose control of his body and not only was he unable to get up, he fell amorously on Sang Wan. In a single swoop, his lips landed exactly on hers.

The touch was light and soft which warmed their hearts but the two could not help but become stunned.

Glossy and smooth was all Shi Fengju felt. His mind had been completely overtaken and he subconsciously sucked at her lips.

"You! Let go!" Sang Wan was taken by shock and embarrassment that her face was red to a point where blood could almost drip out. With a sudden rose in strength, she pushed Shi Fengju away.

'Bang', Shi Fengju was caught off guard and he fell to a side and his head hit the head of the bed. "Ouch!" He could not help but gave a loud cry.

"Ma'am?" Outside, Zhide heard a sudden noise from within and raised her voice, "What happened?"

"Nothing, absolutely nothing!" Sang Wan sat up feeling both aggrieved and angry as she glared at Shi Fengju. Hurriedly, she tidied her attire and uniformed her breathing before answering, "Wait a moment, I'll be there soon."

Having said it, she slid the door slightly and received the tray from Zhide before smiling, "I'll take it from here, you can return and rest!"

Zhide was a little hesitant but nodded and smiled, "Then, nubi shall take her leave!"

Sang Wan nodded and quickly shut the door again.

If not for Nanny Li who might claim that she was being uncaring towards Shi Fengju for not giving him a soup to sober up, Sang Wan was actually unwilling to open the door.

She placed the hangover soup on the table and spoke with her back facing Shi Fengju, "Sir, come and have a drink."

From the push and the knock in the head, Shi Fengju was already close to being fully sober. Thinking back at his absurdness, he found it somewhat embarrassing. But since Sang Wan had given him face, it would be insensible of him to be angry, and so he gave a slight cough before struggling to get out of bed. Awkwardly, he spoke, "You can go to sleep first. About just now...sorry!"

It would have been better if he did not speak of the matter just then, but now that he had said it, Sang Wan felt awkward and her heart could not help but be aggrieved. Hanging her head low without a word, she avoided him and returned to bed. Shi Fengju could not help but look back at where she was, the curtains were already pulled and were fluttering as they obstruct his gaze.

Immediately, he felt disappointed.

He remorsefully patted his head a few times; just what was with tonight? I must've been possessed by a ghost! We've already stated clearly to be a fake couple, so why did I take advantage of her?

However, thinking back at her angry and pretty face, that breath that was warm and soft to the touch, Shi Fengju's heart was once again swayed. In the depths of his eyes exposed a sense of affection and his lips curled to show a smile which even he was not aware of.

After finishing the hangover soup, he sat in front of the table wanted to wait till he was a little more clear-headed before laying the mattress in fear that he might wake her up due to his carelessness. But who would have known that he would fall asleep the moment he rested his head on the table.