Chapter 1 ( Reborn on a Sedan Chair)

The sedan shook rhythmically and gently from side to side. The joyous cheers could be heard to welcome the sedan. The members accompanying the sedan to the bridegroom's family were lively as ever and the bridesmaid's sentences sounded like smooth-flowing water, auspicious to the ears. Sang Wan gently lifted the red veil on her head and her eyes gazed at the bright red surroundings. She reaffirmed that she was definitely sitting in a red sedan chair.

Gently raising both her hands, she observed that her hands were delicate and white in color; the nails were polished; fingers were long and slender; and her palms were small and delicate... This is definitely a pair of healthy and flexible hands. These were indeed hands that she once had.

She was born again.

The panic she received from the beginning gradually receded and she fully accepted the fact that she was born again.

Reborn, from the withered and desperate life she experienced, to the beginning? Sang Wan could not help but shiver from the thought of it as her nails subconsciously dug into the icy palms of her hands.

"No! I don't want to!" The darkness and desperation where life is equal to death. Never did she want to experience it again.

Sang Wan clenched her hands tightly to hold back the impulse of lifting the sedan curtain.

She knew that outside the thin sedan curtain, there was a handsome man clothed in red clothes and a red silk flower as he rode a horse with his head held high. That man was her husband and the husband she had lived with for four years in her previous life. That man was the eldest son of the Shi family, Qingzhou's wealthiest family.

Thinking about her husband, Sang Wan's heart became even colder. A sense of indescribable sadness gradually spread from the bottom of her heart. That sense of sadness grabbed her attention tightly which made her gasp for air.

The sedan she was in now was not a sedan that was bringing her to a beautiful and sweet family, but to meet her future battles where she would have to fight to preserve her little foothold within the family.

Her father and mother died prematurely. Although the name of her family continued to deteriorate, her marriage to Qingzhou's wealthiest person still proceeded. The feelings she had in the past when she got married to her husband was not only anticipation, but tension and apprehension.

She was afraid. Really afraid. She was afraid that her Mother-in-law and Sister-in-laws would look down on her; afraid that the servants of the Shi family would despise her; afraid of the cruel world she had never seen before; afraid...

Not knowing the future which lies ahead of her, she was afraid of everything she would have to face.

The only person who could ease all her problems was her husband. If he had respected her and protected her, then maybe her life ahead in the family could have been a little better. For her, he was like her life-saving straw; her one and only support.

However, reality was cruel...

That man had a childhood sweetheart, his cousin. After living with her husband for less than two months, he made his cousin, Gu Fangzi, into his concubine! After that, whatever she feared started to turn into reality. Her Mother-in-law started to dislike her; her husband started to treat her coldly; her servants started to despise her; and rumors about her being an outcast within the family also started to spread.

She gradually became invisible in the family and was forgotten about. As days went by, her heart slowly withered and her will to live vanished.

It was even more painful than any torture in the world; enough to make a living man insane. She did not want to end up that way, but no one gave her a chance to not be.