chapter 85

Ren Zhixian always thought of himself as some brilliant person by acting all pretentious of his self-righteousness. He had always looked down upon Shi family as a family that stunk of money, and Shi Fengju was aware of that. Hearing his mother say that he was willing to stay in this ‘stinky’ household, Shi Fengju was very surprised.

“Is this Big Sister’s or Big Brother-in-law’s idea? Does Big Brother-in-law also agree to this?” Shi Fengju felt that it was necessary to have his doubts answered. If this were his big sister’s idea, then that single-minded big brother-in-law of his would surely make a huge ruckus in the future!

“It’s something that we’ve discussed and come up with!” Shi Yumei hurriedly said, “Since it’s also very comfortable here, it’ll surely make him feel at ease as he studies. Qingzhou is also closer to Hangzhou, so going over there three years later for the exams will also be more convenient! Moreover, my husband can help guide Third Younger Brother! Three years later, they can both journey to Hangzhou together and take care of each other while on their way there!”

“No need!” When Shi Yumei mentioned about having Ren Zhixian give some ‘guidance,’ Wang Shi and Shi Fengju quickly refused in unison.

“Third Younger Brother already has a tutor to guide him. That tutor has also said that he can take the exams in two years time. Changing a tutor halfway through will not be beneficial for Third Younger Brother! And doesn’t Big Brother-in-law also have to study? We can’t have Third Younger Brother affecting him in his studies ah!” Shi Fengju added.

“Agreed, agreed! Your Second Brother is right!” Wang Shi quickly went along with it.

Shi Fengju felt uncomfortable letting an unreliable person guide his younger brother. Let’s say that this unreliable person really did give his younger brother guidance. If he were unable to pass the next exam, he would surely complain that he had spent most of his time guiding his wife’s younger brother and thus neglected his own studies! Moreover, if Shi Fenghua were to pass, that person would surely brag that it was all because of his guidance!

After listening to Shi Fengju’s explanation, Shi Yumei’s expression, that had changed slightly, returned to its usual again, and she could not help but smile with a nod. “That’s understandable! But, is that tutor of his reliable? He better not hold down our Fenghua!”

“Reliable! He’s reliable! He is a senior from Hanlin Academy who returned back to his hometown after retiring!” Wang Shi’s mouth spoke quickly.

Shi Yumei let out a long “Oh!” and spoke no further. Even though she did not fully agree with her mother’s words, she did not have the confidence to refute.

Although she had remained quiet, Shi Fengju understood her meaning, and he thought to himself, No matter how unreliable he is, he must at the very least be more reliable than my big brother-in-law!

Seeing her so, Shi Fengju quickly diverted the subject as far away as possible, “Let’s see, how about Banana Courtyard? The area is spacious, and the environment there is quiet. Big Sister, what do you think?”

“Banana Courtyard? Banana Courtyard ah… En, let’s go ahead with it! We’ll have that then!” Shi Yumei thought for a while, and the smile on her face seemed to be a little forced.

Banana Courtyard was located at the south of Shi household. Its main entrance faced the outer courtyard with its residence and yards facing inward. A wall ran between the inner region of the household and Banana Courtyard, with a small gate to allow passing through. The entire courtyard happened to be built between the inner and outer regions of the household. At night, those servants on their night duty would lock the small gate, isolating the inner and outer regions.