chapter 106

“Sister is right, Fangzi has received Sister’s teachings and accepts the guidance wholeheartedly!” Gu Fangzi responded with a gentle smile, her domineering attitude seemingly vanished.

“I wouldn’t call it a teaching. I’m only telling you that because if you were to fall ill, I’ll also be at fault! Quickly, why don’t you come in?” Sang Wan smiled and invited.

“Thank you, Sister, for your concern!” Gu Fangzi lowered her gaze as she smiled. Taking a few steps forward, she separated Liu Ya from Sang Wan without a word and intimately held Sang Wan’s arm while going in.

Shi Fengju could not help but observe Gu Fangzi carefully. There was no telling what was going on in her mind!
Ever since Gu Fangzi’s attempt to tempt him by undressing herself, he had lost all feelings for her. Even the string that tied them together as relatives were almost non-existent.

After Sang Wan sat down, Gu Fangzi then officially gave her congratulations and blessings, so much so she might as well give her praise to the Sang family and Second Young Master Sang. Without a choice, Sang Wan rewarded her with an embroidered pouch and smiled at her eloquent words which were supposedly auspicious. Deep down, Sang Wan was even more puzzled than Shi Fengju: Did she ate a wrong medicine?

What she did not know was, Gu Fangzi purposefully did so was for Wang Shi, Shi Yumei, and Shi Fengju to see. She was in disbelief when she heard from a servant serving her dinner that Sang Yufei had become a top escorted examinee. But once she returned from her senses, her heart remained sour!

Sang Wan, Sang Wan, her brother had managed to become a top escorted examinee. In this lifetime, there was no way she could fight with Sang Wan on status now! And if her brother were to become an advanced scholar next year, there would no longer be a day where she could live with her head held high.
After scouring for several news, Lan Xiang returned with description of the liveliness within the household. Gu Fangzi gritted her teeth angrily as she listened, and her dinner was left almost untouched.

After a long while of calming herself down, she instructed Lan Xiang to find out when Shi Fengju and Sang Wan could be leaving Wang Shi’s courtyard as she went to prepare herself. Soon after, Gu Fangzi and Lan Xiang left for the small garden and they waited.
Didn’t Big Cousin always want her to remember her position? Fine then, she shall display that for him to see! That was the only thing she could do now, and her only means to fight.

“Sister truly is fortunate! Only people as outstanding as Sister can get to enjoy such happiness! And even better still, our Shi family gets to enjoy this grace as well!” Gu Fangzi smiled humbly.

“Sister Fangzi’s words are too overly embarrassing! We’re relatives, words like grace would only let others feel embarrassed!” Sang Wan smiled, “The night isn’t young anymore. Sister Fangzi should also return to rest now.”
“Then I shall take my leave, I’ll come again to chat with Sister!” Once Gu Fangzi got up, she wanted to bid farewell to Shi Fengju as well.

Arriving at the small garden, Shi Fengju claimed his head was feeling slightly giddy after a few cups of wine and went to lie in another room.

“The young master is resting in another room. Laonu thinks there is no need for Miss Gu to go in to save the trouble! Later when the young master gets up, laonu will report to him!” Nanny Li said.

“Then thank you, Nanny Li! Sister, I’ll take my leave now! Rest early too!” Gu Fangzi seemed to have lacked the disposition she once had for she nodded towards Nanny Li, and even thanked her with a smile.

“Take care!” Sang Wan smiled.
After giving Sang Wan time to recover from the shock, Nanny Li smiled at her without feeling awry, “Ma’am, just look! In the future ah, Miss Gu won’t be able to act all haughty in front of you anymore! Now that she understands her position, Ma’am can finally be at ease!”