67

Nanny, Sang Wan sighed before smiling, I know you treat me really well and Im really grateful for that! You may have said so, but theres still a need to take Sirs feelings into account when the time comes. If Miss Gu were to complain to him or become erratic in front of mother-in-law, those who dont know might think the two of us had colluded to bully an orphaned girl!

Those were exactly what Nanny Li would like to hear and she smiled heartily, An official wife remains an official wife and a concubine is just a concubine! That has already been decided by the heavens! A mind like Maams is definitely not something a concubine could compete against! Just look at that, laonu hasnt even thought of that and youve already spoken it!

Sang Wan was startled and she froze.

Ive only wished to live the rest of my life peacefully and not have him look down on me. I, Sang Wan, is righteous and do not wish to seek revenge!

Maam, Seeing Sang Wan remaining silent, Nanny Li sighed again, Listen to Nanny, dont look so dispirited anymore ah! The young masters heart, is definitely leaning towards you. At such a crucial time, you shouldnt treat him so coldly ah! I dont wish to brag, but hes someone whom I single-handedly raised; his character, laonu is clearer about it more than he does!

In the end, isnt she just wanting me to take the initiative to fawn on him, to take this chance when his feelings are at their weakest?

Sang Wan shook discreetly. Regardless whether it was going to be useful or not, Sang Wan was not one whod be bothered to do such a thing.

Nanny, Sang Wan knew she could not say it bluntly to Nanny Li, so she spoke bitterly, I really am tired today so I wont be going! After brainstorming for a while, she spoke thoughtlessly, Nanny, why dont you go ahead! Sir might actually want to see you instead and speak to you! With my current mood and complexion, it might affect Sirs frame of mind! Nanny, what do you think?

Really, Maam! Nanny Li smiled and joked. Thinking yet again that her heart felt comfortable and composed, she smiled, Alright! Then laonu will head over there! Maam, since youre tired, do go to bed early!

Sang Wan intended to do so and she smiled gratefully, I will! Nanny, please go ahead!

Not long after Nanny Li left, Sang Wan took a bath before getting into bed. Her mood was extremely poor and she did not wish to meet with Shi Fengju.

When Shi Fengju returned quietly on his toes to the small garden, Sang Wan had already gone to bed. It was just like what the maidservants described, and Shi Fengju felt secretly relieved as he took a bath before going into the chamber.

As usual, he quietly took a mattress from the cupboard and carefully lay it on the floor. He glanced at the tightly closed bed curtains for a moment before lying on the mattress gently.

From the moment he came in, Sang Wan could feel his presence and she subconsciously controlled her breathing as she quietly laid in bed. Once everything returned to silence, she gently opened her eyes. It was pitch black, just like her mood at this moment.

The next morning when Sang Wan got up, Shi Fengju had already left. Sang Wan did not ask about it and went for a bath before having her breakfast as per normal.

Maam, laonu has already arranged for the preparations to be done for the Peony Garden. Would Maam want to take a look whether its appropriate or not? Or if theres anything to change? After breakfast, Nanny Li asked.

Nanny Li was never half-hearted in the task at hand, but Sang Wan understood where she was going at; she was thinking for her. Going there would make it seem like she was the one who arranged which she could generously announce to Wang Shi.