Chapter 123: Speaking Of It Makes Him Anxious

"I don't mean it that way!" Sang Yufei quickly replied, "Of course, I believe in sister-in-law's capability. It's just, just that, I don't want to think about it yet! Big brother and big sister-in-law, please help me to refuse any offers about arranging a marriage for me of any sort. Anyway, let's talk about this only after my metropolitan exams next spring."

Sang Yufei laughed self-deprecatingly, "Who knows, I may not pass the metropolitan exams. Won't it be embarrassing if the family, whose missy is betrothed to me, looks down on me or decides to break the engagement after I fail?"

"Nonsense!"

"Shh, don't jinx yourself!"

Sang Hong and Fang Shi both glared at him.

"Don't speak that way, who talks about himself in such a way!" Sang Hong was very disgruntled.

"That's right!" Fang Shi said, "If that's what you are fretting about, then don't worry! Even if you don't pass this time, nobody will dare look down on a top escorted examinee. Besides, it doesn't mean that you won't pass on the next try! Am I right? The years pass by quickly and you are really not young anymore. If not now, then when? Once your marriage is settled, we can start the preparations early at home too!"

"Really, there is no need for that!" Sang Yufei became even more anxious even as he tried to be patient and keep his cool, "Maybe, maybe there will be a better girl for me in the future, so why the rush? I really don't have the mood for this matter right now!"

Perplexed, Sang Hong and Fang Shi looked at each other. This young man must have eaten the wrong medicine. Why was he getting all edgy? They had never seen him lose his cool before!

"Second brother, tell me honestly, do you already have someone else on your mind?" After all, Fang Shi was a lot more perceptive than Sang Hong, and she asked, quickly smirking.

"No, no! Big sister-in-law, what are you saying? Why would I?" Sang Yufei hurriedly shook his head and denied profusely.

Fang Shi was even more certain of her own speculation. She smiled and said, "If you do have someone on your mind, that's fine too! Tell me which household she's from and I will arrange for the matchmaker to propose marriage. Won't doing that put you at ease? "

"Big sister-in-law," Sang Yufei smiled wilfully, "Where will I meet a missy when all I do is study? Really, I don't want to think about this right now."

Sang Hong and Fang Shi coaxed him repeatedly but Sang Yufei refused firmly. After a few failed attempts, the couple could only put his marriage matters at rest.

Meanwhile, in the carriage, Sang Wan felt grateful for what Shi Fengju had done for her family. She diligently served tea and snacks to him.

"Will your business be affected? After all, you've been away for quite awhile." Sang Wan inquired with a smile.

"Nope, I've already made the necessary arrangements beforehand. If there was anything urgent, someone would have ridden a fine steed to bring news to me. Don't worry about it!" Shi Fengju smiled and replied.

"That's good to hear!" Sang Wan smiled in relieved and said, "Otherwise, I would have felt bad for troubling you."

Shi Fengju suddenly sighed and said, "But when I return, there are sure to be many things to settle! After all, some decisions cannot be made by the workers and will have to be put on hold until I return!"

Sang Wan immediately felt a sting of guilt, "Won't that tire you out?"

"It surely will!" Shi Fengju pressed his temples and grumbled, "The Shi household is an enormous empire. From the small to big matters, there are hundreds to handle in just a single day. But there isn't a choice, this is my responsibility as the eldest son!"