Chapter 72: A Lifeless Marriage

Gu Fangzi was speechless and almost choked from what she said! She glared relentlessly at Auntie Wu before a smirk ran through her face. "No need! Let's go into the household!"

That should've been so right from the start! Why the need to find trouble for herself and cause others unhappiness! Auntie Wu sneered.

Trying to embarrass me and affect my extremely good mood. In your dreams! All of you are belittling me! Once I enter the household, I'll have the means to clear the debt with each and every one of you in the future. Gu Fangzi smirked.

She climbed into the old sedan chair and the curtains were dropped before the carriers lift the chair gently. Swaying from one side to the other, the chair was slowly carried off into Qingzhou City. Inside the sedan chair, Gu Fangzi thought absentmindedly to herself, Does this really count as getting married?

She looked down at the plain white clothes she was wearing as well as her plain white shoes before touching her silver headdress which was simple. She suddenly felt an urge to cry from the unfair treatment she had to suffer.

This was how she was going to be married? She was the bride today? There was no team to welcome her, no chaplet and official wedding robe, and no brightly decorated sedan chair! This was absolutely different from what she had pictured!

If not for experiencing it herself, even if someone had told her that her wedding would be such a spectacle, she definitely wouldn't have believed it!

"Aiyo! What are all of you doing!" Gu Fangzi's forehead slammed against the wall when the chair suddenly shook, making her furious.

"Missy, there was, there was a carriage that suddenly sped past by and almost got us in danger! Are you alright?" Lan Xiang quickly spoke.

"I'm fine, move!" Gu Fangzi said sullenly.

What a stroke of bad luck! Rubbing her forehead gently, she suddenly felt a sense of frustration and dejection. Her eyes could no longer hold her tears, and they trickled down her cheeks.

The chair entered from the side gate and went directly to Peony Park. The entire trip was quiet, like a pond without the slightest ripples, as if the chair entering was of no concern to those from the household. Gu Fangzi's heart felt even more dejected.

"Miss Gu, we've arrived. Please get off the chair!" The sedan chair finally stopped moving, and Auntie Wu cleared her throat before making her announcement.

Once the chair was lowered, Lan Xiang rushed forward to raise the curtain before helping Gu Fangzi off the chair. The scene she immediately saw was naturally not one that was filled with a festive vibe. On the contrary, it was clean and lonely.

After a moment of dejection, Gu Fangzi suddenly realized that something was not right! The two large 6-sided sandalwood lanterns with a tassel were missing. In the courtyard, the colorful potted plants, as well as the portraits, were all gone! They were all replaced with yellow-white chrysanthemums! No wonder the entire yard was uncomfortable to the eyes!

"Miss Gu, is there anything else you'd like to order? If not, we shall take our leave!" Auntie Wu rubbed her hands as she spoke.

"Nothing, you all may go!" Gu Fangzi waved at them. She was currently entirely filled with anxiety as she wished to quickly search around to see the state of her place and what else had been changed. Where would she have the heart to talk with Auntie Wu? Once that was said, she headed forward.

"Then, we shall take our leave!" Auntie Wu and the rest were very disappointed. This was still a "happy occasion," was it not? Everyone had exhausted themselves, yet they were not given a single reward!