6. The Breathtaking God Of The Entertainment Industry

The weather forecast said that there would be a thunderstorm tonight.

Lin Shanchu made a sincere wish in her heart. "I hope that Lu Shiyuan will be struck by lightning when he leaves the house."

Although being close to Huo Xunzhou could alleviate her pain, her body was too weak. Any movement would tire her out.

She leaned on the sofa and fell asleep very quickly.

After an unknown period of time, she was awoken by the ringing of her phone.

Outside the window, night fell and the lights were lit.

It was an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Is this Ms. Lin?"

Lin Shanchu was a little surprised to hear the familiar voice. "Mr. Nan."

Nan Mu had a lot of connections in the circle, so it was easy to get her phone number.

The question was, why did he call her?

"Ms. Lin, I'm sorry to call you so presumptuously, but I need your help."

"Please tell me, Mr. Nan."

Nan Mu and Huo Xunzhou were close and had a good reputation in the circle. She had no reason not to agree when he asked her for help so politely.

Nan Mu explained, "There's a cocktail party tonight, but I'm still lacking a female companion. Can I trouble you to come with me?"

Lin Shanchu was slightly taken aback. "Of course..."

Nan Mu seemed to be afraid that she would go back on her word, as he quickly interrupted her before she could finish replying."I'll send someone to pick you up now to give you a makeover and pick out your gown. Ms. Lin, you're really a kind person. Thank you so much."

"I..."

Beep-

After Nan Mu finished rambling, he quickly told her the location of the cocktail party and hung up.

Lin Shanchu was speechless.

Nan Mu's personality was the complete opposite of Huo Xunzhou's. She wondered how the two of them became friends.

Lin Shanchu's phone vibrated again before she could put it down.

A short message popped up on the screen. The content was very simple. [Come with me to a cocktail party tonight.]

The sender of the text message was Lu Shiyuan.

The system piped up, [Lu Shiyuan has sent you a text!]

After two days of interaction, Lin Shanchu basically understood the temperament of this stupid system.

It was either trying to make her follow the plot or thinking of how to make her follow the plot.

Therefore, the translation of its words was to follow the plot.

Lin Shanchu complained, "Are you here to fix my persona or to fix the plot? "

The system replied, [There's no conflict between the two. After all, the plot is a great help in shaping the persona. However, the relationship between the plot and the persona is not absolute. My mission is to repair your persona.]

As Lin Shanchu listened, she had a feeling that she was listening to nonsense.

Forget it.

The system didn't look very smart anyway.

[You're insulting me again.]

Lin Shanchu ignored it and replied to Lu Shiyuan's text message. [Sure. Where's the party?]