15. Self-Destruction

Huo Xunzhou stood where he was and did not say anything.

His lips were pursed into a straight line.

When they first met in the hospital, she was like a cat in trouble. She was gentle and weak, but she was still actively seeking help.

This time, she told him not to help her anymore.

She had wrapped herself in a cocoon.

It wasn't necessarily a butterfly that came out of a cocoon. Sometimes, it could be a moth.

Like a moth flying into the fire, it would bring about its own destruction.

She was extremely inclined to destroy herself.

Lin Shanchu got out of bed and nodded slightly at him. "Goodbye, Mr. Huo."

When she brushed past him, a strong hand grabbed her arm.

The man's voice was heard.

"I want to pay my respects to Mdm. Ning."

Lin Shanchu's mother's maiden name was Ning.

"My mother was buried in Xi Shan Cemetery," Lin Shanchu told him.

Huo Xunzhou still did not let go.

"Is there anything else?" Lin Shanchu asked.

"I've never been to Xi Shan Cemetery." He meant for her to lead the way.

He looked a little stubborn.

Lin Shanchu was silent for a moment. "Do you have time this weekend? "

Huo Xunzhou replied almost immediately, "I do."

Without waiting for Lin Shanchu to speak, Huo Xunzhou took out his phone and asked, "What's your number?"

Lin Shanchu hesitated for two seconds before exchanging phone numbers with him.

When she left, she met Huo Xunzhou's bodyguard and chauffeur, Li Mo, at the door.

"Ms. Lin, you're awake." He may have looked fierce, but his tone was sincere and warm.

"Yes," Lin Shanchu replied politely.

Having stared at Lin Shanchu's retreating figure in the distance, Li Mo entered and asked Huo Xunzhou, "Big Brother, are you just going to let Ms. Lin go home by herself?"

Huo Xunzhou looked at him.

His eyes were calm.

Feeling a little confused, Li Mo mumbled, "Don't you like her?"

"What did Nan Mu tell you?" Huo Xunzhou frowned.

Li Mo had always been a man of few words. The fact that he was asking him this question meant that the talkative Nan Mu must have said something strange to him.

"He didn't tell me anything. I just have this feeling."

Li Mo carefully glanced at Huo Xunzhou's expression. Seeing that there were no signs of anger, he boldly continued.

"The way you look at her is different from the way you look at other women."

"What's the difference?" Huo Xunzhou asked.

"When you look at other women, it's like you're looking at a person. When you look at Ms. Lin, it's like you're looking at a woman," Li Mo explained.

These words sounded awkward.

But Huo Xunzhou understood what he meant.

At first glance, Lin Shanchu didn't seem to be anything special.