79. You Should Beg Properly

The system was silent for a moment before answering very seriously, [Would you believe me if I said that the spotlight was too bright and affected my performance?]

"I believe you," Lin Shanchu replied.

The system was touched. [So, you still trust me!]

Lin Shanchu ruthlessly broke its fantasy. "You couldn't do much even if Huo Xunzhou weren't here."

The system was speechless.

It also felt insulted.

It began to carefully recall what it had done for Lin Shanchu during this period of time.

After thinking for a long time, it realized that it did not help Lin Shanchu at all.

So, it stopped talking.

It completely shut down on its own. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

The door was pushed open, and the director came in.

He brought a few staff members with him. Wen Tongtong followed the group from behind.

"Are you all right?" The director walked over and asked anxiously.

The key element of popularity was still fine when she was recording the program in the morning. Why did she suddenly faint and end up in the infirmary...

It was quite worrying.

"I won't die for the time being." Lin Shanchu's mouth twitched.

She leaned lazily on the bed while looking very lifeless.

The director's expression changed. "You're the key element of popularity in this show! You can't die!"

Lin Shanchu was speechless.

She Imew that it was impossible for the director, who only had eyes for viewership ratings, to care about her.

"I'm fine. I can hold on till the first public showdown. You should leave." Lin Shanchu found him annoying and waved him away.

"I'm relieved to hear that." The director also felt weirded out. He would subconsciously believe whatever Lin Shanchu said to him.

The staff members asked about Lin Shanchu's health for a bit before leaving with the director.

In the end, only Wen Tongtong was left.

"Are you really all right?" she asked as she walked to the bed.

Lin Shanchu said without much emotion, "Don't worry, I won't let our performance crumble."

Wen Tongtong was worried that Lin Shanchu's poor health would affect the rehearsal.

When Wen Tongtong turned to leave, she stopped after taking two steps.

"I went to the washroom just now and saw Xia Jinmeng and Yun Wu talking and laughing together," she said with a complicated expression.

"Oh," Lin Shanchu replied.

Wen Tongtong frowned. "Aren't you..."

"Is there anything else?" Lin Shanchu asked.

"Xia Jinmeng has always found you an eyesore. She must have sought Yun Wu out to continue messing with you. Aren't you worried at all? " Lin Shanchu's calm reaction made Wen Tongtong a little angry.

Lin Shanchu seemed to have always been like this.

No matter what happened, she could deal with it calmly.