one

Today was a wonderful sunny day. As I ate dinner with my friends, I couldn't help but feel content with how things were moving on. Asra entered my line of vision, giving me a small smile as he approached. I gently placed my drink back down, raising my eyes to meet his.

It had only been a day since we mated, and I couldn't get enough of staring at him.

"Hi." I smiled as my mate stopped before.

Asra smiled, locking his eyes onto mine. "Hi. Have you finished your food?"

I nodded. "Yeah, why?"

"We need to have a talk in my office."

"Ooh..." Mya drawled.

I shot her a glare, but it just caused her to snicker into her hand.

"We do?"

"We do."

"Now?"

"Yes, now."

"Oh, okay." I shrugged.

He chuckled, leaning closer to kiss my temple. I flushed at the sweet gesture before saying a quick goodbye to Eve and Mya. Asra's hand settled on the small of my back as he gently guided me toward his office.

Once inside, he shut the door behind us and I slowly slid myself into a chair before his desk.

"So..." I hummed, looking around.

Asra's footsteps carried him around the room, his broad figure coming round to sit beside me. I quirked an eyebrow about the fact he didn't sit in his desk chair, but when his hand wrapped around mine, I knew it was something personal.

"Why are we in your office?" I wondered.

"It is soundproof."

"And... we need that?" I gulped.

Is this the part where he finally kills me?

He chuckled, shaking his head at me in amusement. "It is time we talk about your role here."

"My role?" I quirked an eyebrow. "So soon?"

"Full of questions today, aren't you?" He sassed, squeezing my hand. "But yes, now you are a claimed female, you are officially mine."

I tried to hide the blush, to repent the butterflies that flittered in my stomach, but they burst open with a fervour. I had never enjoyed being called property, but something about how Asra said it made my insides feel like mush.

"Oh?" I mumbled. "I am, am I?"

He growled softly, bringing my hand to his mouth to nip the skin. "Yes."

"Sucks to be you." I clicked my tongue, smirking.

Asra chuckled, releasing my hand. "Where shall we start?"

"My roles, right?"

"Right." He nodded, getting up to go sit at his desk.

I watched him as he sat down and pulled out a notepad and pen from a drawer. He passed it to me and I hummed before dragging my chair closer so I could lean against his table if I needed. He still towered over me slightly, those midnight eyes watching my every move.

"Right." I imitated. "What now?"

His eyes glimmered with amusement as he pulled out another piece of paper, this time with information sprawled across it. I tried to get a glimpse, to see what his penmanship was like, but he pulled it away with a cheeky growl.

I huffed. "Get on with it. I have places to be."

"Oh, really?" He mused. "Is that place somewhere involving work?"