thirteen

"How are we going to do this?" I mumbled, keeping my voice soft. "I cannot climb that."

"Caleb will jump over and I will pass you to him." Asra shrugged.

A small laugh of disbelief escaped me. "Jump it? Pass me? Are you crazy?"

"Relax, Flower." He smirked. "Just watch."

I turned to face Caleb, his dark body barely visible through the faint light. He took a few steps back, shaking his arms out. Then, in one fluid moment, he ran and jumped, using his hands and toes to climb the top part of the wall until he stood on top. He didn't even waver, his balance poised as he crouched down.

"See? Easy." Asra's voice was smug.

Meanwhile, I stared open-mouthed at the monkey-wolf. Caleb laughed softly at me, pushing his dark hair from his face.

"Think you've surprised her, Caleb." Asra mused.

"I think so too." He grinned. "You coming, Luna?"

Luna.

There it was again. It was enough to snap me out of my daze.

"Yeah, I'm coming monkey boy." I clicked my tongue, and he grinned. "I would just love to know how I am supposed to get up there too when I can barely jump a foot from the-hey! Whoa!"

Asra was scooping me up, his hands firm around my knees as he rose from a squat. My palms pressed into the wall and I squeaked with surprise. He lifted me until he stood straight, my ass in line with his face. A small nip to my butt check had me curse a complaint to him, but he just chuckled softly.

We had to be quiet! Dammit!

"Hands on the wall." He demanded.

"They are on the damn wall." I snapped, glancing back at me.

He seemed rather smug about being so close to my ass. If only I could just fart in his face, that would teach him.

"Hold yourself steady, tense your core, and move with me." He cautioned.

"I will try." I admitted. "Don't drop me."

"Not by accident." He mused.

I glared a hole into the wall as he suddenly shifted me. I felt Asra's hands glide down my calves until they rested on my feet and he forced me up. A soft gasp left my lips as he shifted me so easily until my feet rested on his shoulders. He was barely out of breath, not even fazed by what he just accomplished with an entire human body.

It was a strange turn on...

"Now reach up for Caleb." His voice was steady.

I gulped, looking up at Caleb, only to find him a mere foot away. He was grinning at me, now sat with a leg on either side of the wall. He stretched out his arm, curling his fingers at me to take it. I crept my hands up the wall, uncomfortable with the thought of letting go and falling. Asra may feel steady, but I would hate to capsize us.

With a nervous breath, I let go and clung to Caleb's hand. Where my palm was sweaty and pale, his was warm and deep. He snaked his fingers down to my wrist, causing me to do the same. Our skin contrasted in the dull light, and I met his eyes nervously.

"Don't worry, Luna." He smiled softly.

"Ready?" Asra wondered.

"Ready." Caleb nodded.

Ready? For what?

"Tighten your muscles, Ailia."

"What-why?" I tensed, anyway.