thirty five

I hated being man-handled!

I was a fucking person!

Daylight blinded me as we left the cells behind, but I did not cease my need to escape. I punched and kicked at Asra's body, and he allowed me to do so until I landed a good kick at his groin. Cursing, he hoisted me higher until I was halfway down his back. His right arm secured itself around my knees, locking them tightly to his shoulder.

Pushing my hands into his lower back, I scrambled my way up, using his shirt until I was nearly horizontal. Looking at my surroundings, I saw we were approaching the pack house.

"Put me down! You-you arsehole!" I snapped, beating on his back.

I noticed prying eyes when they burned into my skull, but Asra was too high on his horse to care. He carried me like I was nothing more than cargo, one hand gripping me tightly to him as the other clenched at his side.

I could feel his warmth seeping into my skin, and I hated how much I was enjoying it. I was supposed to be angry, but the bond was trying to calm me down. Touch healed, and it was doing its damn best to get me to forget.

It wouldn't win.

I needed to get off him.

I writhed some more, trying to drop myself backward. It didn't work and didn't even mess with his stride. Going for a different tactic, I threw myself sideways. It actually caught him off guard. My body tumbled from his shoulder as his arm gave way. He didn't let me fall, though, steadying me by the waist as my knees crumbled. I was fast to push him away, straightening my spine. Damn him for still being able to catch me!

Brushing my hair out of my face, I swivelled around. "You are such a dick!"

"Ailia..."

"No! No!" I spat. "You cannot force me here. You do not get to control me!"

His eyes twitched, a sign my words agitated him.

"Just go inside the damn house!"

"No! I won't!"

"Stop being so stubborn!"

"Stop telling me what to fucking do! You are not my mother, and I am not back in Evermore!" I screeched. "I am stubborn but at least I admit it, I know my weaknesses. Get over it!"

"Ailia..." He frowned, realising where I was coming from as his face turned guilty.

"I do not care right now, Asra." I glared and turned away.

"Where do you think you are going?" His voice was a murmur, hand wrapping around my bicep.

I grunted, pushing him back by the chest. He actually stumbled as I got in his face, staggering back three steps before he came to a stop.

I think I was going to explode.

My mind was finally losing its plot. It had gone off course long ago, but now, I wasn't sure if I could find the track again.

"You may be an alpha, but you are not my alpha. You seem to forget, Asra, that I am your mate. That means I am your equal, and I am the luna." I glared at him. "That means we work together and means we rule this pack together. The night I marked you, I accepted this, and right now, I stand by my choices."

He remained stoic, blinking down at me.

"You cannot imprison someone based on a hunch. My sister has done nothing. You have eyes everywhere. Mya may be her friend but I know it's to keep an eye on her! It is obvious." I continued. "I have tried to explain myself multiple times, tried to tell you my reasoning, but you will not listen and act rash. As a human, I do not understand many wolf politics, but I know you do not belittle somebody who is supposed to be your equal. And I know you do not treat pack members so harshly with no free will. You beat up Caleb! I thought you were just going to ask him questions!"