fifty one

Aching and exhausted, I stare up at the ceiling, totally spent.

Asra surely teased me, and he teased me good. I could feel the ache of bite marks, hand prints and hickeys across my body. I was drenched in more places than one, and the moment we finished and I could lie down, I haven't moved since.

Asra had tried to get me dressed but sub-sequentially gave up and was instead doing something in the bathroom. I lay for what felt like forever, and when he emerged from the en-suite clad in only boxers, my vagina ached at the memory of that god-like body against mine.

He smirked, moving to sit at the edge of the bed. "Feeling alright?"

I barely made a noise, grunting an indifference.

"I was just cleaning up the bathroom. We made quite a splash." He smirked.

I snorted a laugh, turning my head to look at him. "No maids?"

He rolled his eyes, his finger daring to poke a fresh hickey on my breast. "They're off today."

This had me actually moving, my eyes flying open with shock. "Come again?"

"I already did twice." He smirked.

I tutted, pushing myself up on my elbows. "You said they're off today? What and why?"

He inhaled sharply as he moved to lie beside me. "I thought a lot about what needs to be sorted in this pack. Today is the first of many."

"First of many, what?" My eyes widened.

"Days off."

He didn't continue, and I gave him a look, blinking down at him. "Please expand, oh mighty man."

"Every Sunday, they have a day off. Completely off."

"One day a week?" I scoffed and when he gave me a look, I sheepishly smiled. "I mean, that's a great start..."

Asra chuckled, the sound deep and throaty. "It is a start. That's what counts, right?"

"Sure," I smiled. "What's next for them?"

"Lunches. Everyone gets a free lunch from their own dedicated kitchen buffet."

"Segregating them?"

He nodded. "If I didn't, it would only aggravate the beasts. I have to handle this delicately, or there may be a few dead maids to account for."

I frowned, nodding once. "So Sunday rest day, one meal a day, what about hourly pay?"

"Hourly pay? I'm not sure about that, but daily pay, I've doubled it."

I hummed. "So those that work six days... They lose a day of work, to only have their working days doubled?"

"I know, I know. But twenty-four coins are double their normal, for now." He deadpanned. "Baby steps, Tulip."

I sighed. Of course, it would have to be baby steps. It has only been a few hours since the meeting, anyway. But wolves cannot seem to handle a massive change like this. From what Asra is saying, it would send them into a complete loss of routine and they would lose their temper. It sounded like taking away a toddler's favourite car, or forcing a teenager to play outside.

"Baby steps." I agreed.

I was just happy he realised he needed to make a change.

"Perhaps in the future, less six day shifts, more rotary shift work. Mornings versus afternoons, or three days on, three days off. Maybe do a questionnaire, see what they want to try." I suggested.