sixty two

Asra never let go of me.

After carrying me the entire walk home, he had resorted to keeping me perched on his lap like a child. The moment his ass sat down in his office chair, he placed me sideways across his thighs. He even discarded my towel before he pulled a random shirt from his desk and forced it over my head.

"Asra, I am a grown woman." I huffed, wriggling away.

The moment I stood, he was pulling me back onto his lap with a soft growl. I glared at him, crossing my arms.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Keeping you close." He stated, watching as the witch took a seat across from us.

"Why?" I probed.

He didn't answer, his gaze unwavering from the woman in front of us.

"I'm sitting in my own chair."

"No."

"Asra." I grumbled.

I didn't want to do this here, not in front of prying eyes.

"Sebastian, you may go." Asra commanded.

Sebastian was quick to bow and scurry out of the room, and I shot him a thank you before he slipped out the door. The room fell silent, and I awkwardly shifted my weight to face the witch.

"Shall we begin, Alpha?"

Asra adjusted me, rubbing his jaw across my shoulder. He was like a love-sick puppy!

"Before we begin, I am sitting in my own chair."

"No." He stated.

I levelled my gaze, narrowing my eyes. "Yes, or I will leave the room. She won't touch me with you here."

His eyes hardened too, the darkness overtaking most of his iris. I wasn't sure why he was so grouchy today; this was the first I'd seen of him all day!

Asra grumbled lowly, dropping his eyes to stare at my lap. I grinned, taking his defeat with a prideful heart. I grabbed a chair from the other side of the room and placed it beside him; appeasement. He observed me with a grimace, but I ignored his frowny face and got comfortable.

"Where shall we begin?" I asked, glancing between the two of them.

The witch seemed cosy in her chair; her legs crossed beneath her and arms loosely hanging in her lap. There was a quirk to her lips, but she narrowed her eyes with soft curiosity.

"I have many questions, but I know the alpha has more." She smiled.

Looking at Asra, he nodded and leaned forward. "Ailia, this is Evangeline. She is..."

"An old family friend." Evangeline grinned.

"How long have you known each other?" I wondered.

"Evangeline was friends with my father." Asra explained.

"You barely look older than thirty." I muttered.

Evangeline grinned. "Thank you, Ailia."

I chewed on my lower lip for a moment, debating on my next question. She didn't take her eyes away from me, as though she knew I was about to say something only to her.

"In the forest, you knew my name."

"Yes."

"How did you know my name?"

"I am a witch, Ailia. I know a lot."

"Like what?"

She cocked her head, flickering her eyes down at my seated form. "I knew you were the luna, despite appearing a human. I often just get basic facts, but if there is a spiritual connection, I can sense more."