twelve

Through the clouds of sleep, there was a voice calling my name. I don't know who it was, or why they wanted me, but I wasn't happy that I was being disturbed.

"Ailia..."

I groaned when the voice grew closer and curled further into my bed.

"Ailia..."

My hand flew out to swat away the enemy, successfully landing on target. I smirked, snickering to myself as they let out a shout of surprise.

"Tulip..."

Oh, wait, that was Asra.

Well... He knew better than to disturb my precious sleep.

"Tulip, we are here. Wake up."

"No." I groaned, pulling my blanket over my head.

Something snagged on it, and I tried to heave it to no avail. An unknown force snatched it out of my grip and I shouted a complaint.

"We are at Evermore. Wake the fuck up."

My eyes peeked open just a slither to find out where the heck my blanket went. The first thing I saw was a dark forest and, as I looked around, the dull glow of a radio glaring back in my face. Next thing was the hulking figure of a male in the driver's seat holding my blanket. I reached for it, a soft groan escaping me as I tried to get it. To my dismay, he snatched away it, but then it came hurtling toward me, anyway.

Smacking me in the face, my eyes squeezed shut as Asra chuckled. "Wake up."

"No!" I grunted, trying to grab it.

He launched it at me again, and I now realised it was a jumper. Asra's jumper, not a blanket. He took the jumper again, and it hung in the air, threatening me when I didn't move.

"Fine, fine! I am awake!" I hissed, sitting upright.

Just when I thought he would honour the truce, the jumper came flying back into my face again. I grimaced as it fell into my lap, glaring daggers at Asra from across the car. He smirked at me, the darkness of the car making him look devilish.

"Good evening, Tulip." He grinned, shirtless.

Through narrowed eyes, I stared at him. I could see his amusement as I clenched my jaw in annoyance, so I launched the jumper at him to get payback. His stupid fast reflexes caught it before it could make contact and I shouted, my hands flying with protest.

"Could you not give me the satisfaction of letting it hit you in the face?"

"Nope." He smirked, pulling it over his head.

"Not once?" I huffed. "For waking me up?"

"Nope." He laughed, now fully dressed. "We arrived, so you had to wake up."

"But I was so comfy and warm." I pouted, looking beyond the window. "It looks cold out there."

"It's time to get out." He shrugged, opening his door.

I shivered as a cool breeze washed over me, eager to get warm again. Reaching around for my discarded coat, I pulled it on, glad I left it on the backseat and not in the boot. Before I could even zip it, my door was swiftly pulled open, and I jumped with alarm.

"Hey!" I yelled. "I wasn't ready."

Asra smirked, reaching in to grab me around the waist. My hands fell to his arms, gripping on for life as he hauled me out of the car. He set me on my feet, going as far to pat me on the head.

"I am not a child."

"You sure act like one." He teased.

Meeting his eye, I glared at him. His grin broadened before he took hold of my chin and bent down to capture my lips with his. I tried to be annoyed at him, I truly did, but his lips were so soft and warm and his breath was so fresh and minty.