twenty seven

The male cursed, hands covering their eyes.

"What is it with people coming in my damn room?" I shrieked.

"I thought you'd be dressed!" Caleb shrieked.

"Well, no! I showered, therefore I am naked!" I spat, grabbing some clothes.

"Sorry! Shit!" He cursed. "Don't tell Alpha, he will gut me!"

I quickly dressed in my underwear and pulled a dress over my head. "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be out on the secret mission, too?"

"I'm not allowed." He mumbled, peeking through his fingers.

"You can look." I rolled my eyes, and he dropped his hands. "Why?"

"Eliza..."

"Eliza..." I cocked my head.

"Well... she..."

"Spit it out, man!"

"She's pregnant." He blurted, and my eyes widened.

"With a baby?"

"Yes, with a baby." He scoffed. "What else?"

I narrowed my eyes at his scoff. "Well, congratulations?"

"Thank you." He huffed.

We eyed each other before a smirk broke out on his face and I laughed softly. Tension officially broken.

"That's great news. How far along is she?"

"Eight weeks." He mused. "It may be why you have not seen her much. She gets terrible sickness when she wakes."

"Oh, bless her." I sighed sadly. "You've been together a long time, right?"

"Five years." He nodded. "I caught her on a hunt."

"How romantic." I grimaced.

"Eliza took it very well." He laughed. "She was raised in a district."

My lips pursed, and I nodded. "I suppose that would help. Was this a spontaneous pregnancy?"

He laughed at my bluntness. "She has been on birth control her entire life. She came off it about four months ago."

My eyes widened. "Wow, that's surprisingly quick to fall pregnant."

He shrugged, a lazy smirk on his face. "Wolves have a high reproductive count. It was only a matter of weeks."

My nerves suddenly grew as I counted the amount of times Asra finished inside me. Let's not forget whatever the fuck he did last night when I was falling asleep.

I eyed the male before me. Our relationship wasn't very personal, so I wasn't sure I felt comfortable, but Caleb seemed easy going enough...

"Caleb, can I ask you a... personal question?"

Caleb's shoulders stiffened. "What's the topic?"

My eyes cast to the ground as I distracted myself by pulling on some shoes.

"Uh... sexual?"

His nose crinkled. "Will it get me into trouble?"

"No, no..." I shook my head, nervously chewing my cheek. "I don't know who else would answer me without it being awkward."

"I am easy to talk to." He nodded.

I gave him a strange look at which he laughed at.

"What's the question?"

"After a bond has been complete, Asra says that instincts can run rather... wild." I dropped my eyes. "He was very possessive last night, and he half-shifted when we... you know, and then he wouldn't let me go. I don't know if it's... normal?"