twenty three

"I heard you knocked Mya to the floor today." Asra's voice drifted over my shoulder.

I grinned, spinning around to greet him with open arms. It was evening, and I had just stepped out of the gym after sweating my arse off. After knocking Mya down with Rio as an audience, she had grown agitated. She demanded I went again, but I wasn't hanging around to help a bruised ego. So I did some running on a treadmill before deciding it wasn't enough.

I needed nature.

Before I left, I told Arabella how I did it, and told her that sometimes it wasn't about offense; it was about tactics. If she was smart and covered her vital organs, she could get out of it through it alone.

Unless they forced her from a tree and ripped her apart...

"Yeah, she wasn't happy about it." I mused, wiping my hair from my face.

"Mya is one of my best warriors." Asra cocked his head. "How did you do it?"

"I ain't telling." I grinned, turning to see where my sister ended up.

"You will." He demanded.

Catching sight of her back on the mat with Mya, I rolled my eyes toward my mate.

"I cannot spill my secrets."

"You are a human." He stated.

I gasped, looking down at myself. "I am? Shit, when did that happen?"

His eyes narrowed as I laughed. "Very humorous. Where are you going?"

"I haven't been swimming in a while." Shrugging, I played it casual. "I was gonna go there."

"Alone?"

"Well, yeah." I nodded. "I don't know anyone who swims for pleasure."

His lips pursed with a frown. "Piper did."

I winced, looking away. I missed my friend dearly, and he knew it.

"I haven't been in a few weeks. So I thought I'd do it whilst it was warm." I told him.

Nothing better than swimming in cool water whilst it was hot outside. I have been avoiding it after what happened with Blake.

"The sun is going down. It is going to be cold."

"I will wear clothes."

"Swimming in clothes? Doesn't sound very comfortable."

"I have a wetsuit."

"You do?"

I laughed at his surprised expression. "No, but did you believe me?"

Growling, he moved closer until his hands settled on my hips. "I will come with you."

"You have work." I tutted, tapping his chest. "And dinner."

"You are skipping dinner again?" He cocked his head. "I was told you did not finish lunch."

"I will eat after swimming. You cannot swim with a full stomach." I explained.

"I know that, but it's not good for you."

"Asra, I will be fine." I laughed. "Send one of your goons if you wish. I do not want to intrude on your work time."

"Fine." He huffed. "You go get dressed. Your goon will meet you on the porch."

I grinned, thanking him with a kiss. Turning to walk away, I yelped at the sudden impact of his palm on my ass. Glaring at him over my shoulder, I walked toward the elevator, my fingers wrapping around the metal rail with unease. I still hated this box. Asra watched me until the doors closed, and I assumed he went to get a goon for me.