nineteen

Surprise! I'm Feeling generous have another chapter
*****

The truck coming to a stop disturbed me from my sleep and I rolled my head away from the window to search our surroundings. Asra shut the car off, the vibration of the engine drifting off to sleep. His eyes drifted to me when I sat up, a soft smile on his lips.

"Hello." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

"Hello, Snorey."

"Snorey?" I frowned. "How mean. I just woke up and you offend me. Start the truck up. I want a do-over."

He grinned, giving into my stupid game and starting the car up. Despite the confused shouts of our fellow road-trip mates, he spun the car halfway down the lane. I giggled, going back to my normal position as he made his way back to the house. Once again, the car cut off, and I sat up, looking toward him.

Faux, yawning, I smiled. "Hello."

"Hello beautiful." He leaned over to peck my lips.

I laughed softly. "Much better."

"Come, we are confusing the others too much and your sister has been awake this entire time."

Realisation washed over me and I spun in my seat to find Arabella staring at me through narrowed eyes. I grinned, greeting her softly.

One thing about us, we did not like our sleep disturbed. That was probably one thing we got from our mother. Dad loved mornings, always up at sunrise and going out for walks. He was a real-life garden fairy when he wanted to be.

My door opened, and cold air washed over me. Glancing down, I saw Caleb gesturing for me to get out. Undoing my seatbelt, I thanked him and climbed out of the open door. I noticed Everett was doing the same for Arabella, who scowled as she climbed out, pulling my coat tighter.

It wasn't that cold, but you were always warm in sleep. It's like when someone rips the covers off you to wake you up; evil.

"Come, we shall show you where you are staying and in the morning, Ailia can show you the house if you'd like." Asra explained, gesturing to the house.

She turned, looking up at the magnificence of the hotel-like building. Her eyes grew ten times the size, her lips parting with shock.

"House?" She whispered.

"Pack house." I answered. "Hundreds of en-suite rooms, like a hotel."

"It's huge."

"Wolves are huge." I snorted. "How else are they going to fit their fat asses through the doorways?"

There were a few growls at my joke, but I only grinned, knowing they were not being serious.

Sneaking a glance at my sister, I found her expression had changed to one of uncertainty. Smiling softly at her, I took her hand, squeezing it gently. Her brown eyes darted to me and I watched as her throat bobbed with nerves. When she gave my hand a firm squeeze back, I knew it was my cue.

Leading her up to the front porch. My lips quirked when she eyed the decorations surrounding it. Asra stepped before us, opening the wide door and gesturing us inside. The hall was significantly warmer than outside, but I knew the bedroom would be the best part of the house.

"What floor is she on?" I wondered, pulling her to the death trap box.

"Twelve." He answered.

The doors dinged open, echoing the quiet of the night. I pulled her inside, placing her against the far wall beside me and the mirror.

"What is this?"

"An elevator." I replied, my fingers wrapping around the chrome bar.

"What does it do?"