forty four

Asra jostling me from my sleep had me groggily roll away. His deep chuckle permeated through the air and I sighed, swatting him when he tried to reach for me.

"Tulip..."

"Go away," I grumbled, too tired.

"Got a headache?"

I could picture his teasing grin, and it only made me want to smack it right off. Arrogant alpha.

"Okay, but if you fall back asleep, you will miss breakfast with Piper..." He sang.

His footsteps retreating had me tense in the bed before a sharp curse left my lips and I forced myself upright.

"What time is it?"

He turned, half naked, and shot me a sly grin. "A little after nine. I told Piper ten o'clock for you when she came by earlier."

"She came by?" My eyes widened.

"About an hour ago," He nodded. "We thought the wolf juice may have knocked you unconscious."

"Well, I feel fine." I huffed.

Asra chuckled, moving to stand beside the bed. "You sure?"

"Yep, I nodded." I grinned. "Shame I got the best of you?"

His eyes narrowed, nostrils flaring. "Surprising. Do you remember fucking my brains out?"

I pouted, shaking my head. "No, and I am pretty sure I would remember that."

Asra chuckled. "That was the last thing you wanted to do before you passed out."

"Huh," I cocked my head. "Well, marvellous story, Butterscotch, but I am going to shower."

Stripping the duvet from my body, I found I was naked and gave Asra a glare.

He grinned, shrugging. "What? The dress was beautifully tight on you. You practically crawled out of it in the middle of the night. I wasn't complaining."

Rolling my eyes, I nudged him with my shoulder as I passed by him. He laughed, reaching over to tap my ass as I hurried past him. I made light work of showering, scrubbing my face and hair of last night's craziness. My mind ran with thoughts as I stood beneath the hot water, constantly flickering back to the strange man named Flynn.

Why did he seem so familiar yet so... Strange.

Shutting the water off, I shook the thought from my mind as I dried my skin and hair to the best of my ability. I left it to dry naturally, happy to have it so free from last night's confinement. Leaving the bathroom, Asra was nowhere in sight. However, there were fresh clothes and underwear laid on the bed, and I wondered if Serenity had been called in.

The clothes were simple and stylish; a long sleeve, knee-length cream dress with a simple neckline. Thankfully, the shoes were flat, and there was a necklace to pair with it. I quickly got dressed and ruffled my semi-damp hair. I pursed my lips, debating whether I should seek Piper out when there was a knock at the door.

She must've come to me!

I grinned as I opened the door, only to be surprised when I found Serenity on the other side. She grinned sheepishly at me, makeup and hairbrush in hand. I groaned, stepping to the side to allow her in.

"Again?"

"Afraid so," she quipped. "And good morning, Luna."

"Morning," I grunted, falling into the vanity chair.

Apparently, despite the ball being yesterday, I still had to look the part. It had grown tiresome in Evermore, and I had grown stubborn in my current ways, happy to not have to tame my hair or wear makeup. Plus, Asra and the pack didn't seem to care, all of them natural in every single way. It felt like I finally fit in. So, I guess I could deal with this for another day.